Re: Ticket News : LEICESTER CITY

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Alan mate. Can you please tell me which figures you say I got wrong? Either that or an apology will suffice. 8)

Not wishing to clog up another thread you mention £700k from the cup run, but failed to consider the losses from the previous season which were in excess of £350k , the Increased WRU bill, Extra staffing, Players bonuses , Managers bonuses , Extra security and Extra stands.

Whilst claiming the club fritted away £700k suits your narrative, it does not paint the full picture and the outgoings put a little more context on the figure you mention.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Alan mate. Can you please tell me which figures you say I got wrong? Either that or an apology will suffice. 8)

Not wishing to clog up another thread you mention £700k from the cup run, but failed to consider the losses from the previous season which were in excess of £350k , the Increased WRU bill, Extra staffing, Players bonuses , Managers bonuses , Extra security and Extra stands.

Whilst claiming the club fritted away £700k suits your narrative, it does not paint the full picture and the outgoings put a little more context on the figure you mention.
Please can you point out where I said the money was frittered away. I don't doubt you are correct in your analysis however. The mistakes of previous years no doubt gobbled up a lot of the money.

Alan G Bryant wrote:

As an increasingly impartial observer on these matters, I have to say that I would be interested to know the breakdown of where last season's cup windfall was spent. Even if it was correcting previous mistakes I'd be begrudgingly accepting of it to be honest; at least it would offer reassurance that future windfalls/donations/whatever, would not be at risk to falling into some black hole that we are as yet unaware of.

I've signed myself and the kids up to the trust again, but the only reason was to get priority on tickets to be honest. I do think that some more detailed accounts could and should be published to trust members, and that we should be given an open and frank outline of the WRU problems and what we are doing about it.

For me, being honest on these two issues could see a marked increase in trust donations. But at the moment it's not possible to determine whether financially backing the trust to a decent level or not is a worthwhile cause, because we don't know anything about the future, and fairly little about the present.

rncfc wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

As an increasingly impartial observer on these matters, I have to say that I would be interested to know the breakdown of where last season's cup windfall was spent. Even if it was correcting previous mistakes I'd be begrudgingly accepting of it to be honest; at least it would offer reassurance that future windfalls/donations/whatever, would not be at risk to falling into some black hole that we are as yet unaware of.

I've signed myself and the kids up to the trust again, but the only reason was to get priority on tickets to be honest. I do think that some more detailed accounts could and should be published to trust members, and that we should be given an open and frank outline of the WRU problems and what we are doing about it.

For me, being honest on these two issues could see a marked increase in trust donations. But at the moment it's not possible to determine whether financially backing the trust to a decent level or not is a worthwhile cause, because we don't know anything about the future, and fairly little about the present.
I agree. If you want people to contribute money you have to show them where the money is spent. It is the reason I will not contribute. Whilst I can't speak for other people, I doubt I am alone.

rncfc wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

Very well said! I contribute in a small way to the Trust and other County-related causes like the lottery but it’s the lack of openness about our club that winds a lot of us up. However, my principles are not so fine that it prevents me from contributing at all :wink: I’d hate my principles to contribute to the financial demise of our club.