Re: Oxford home league cup round 2

I stand by my comments; everyone reads what they want to read not what is actually stated. My comment began as saying that the original argument was not about buying in advance versus buying on the day, it was about online versus in person. I can see the point of a discount for buying in advance because the club knows how much is coming in. Online doesn't give that facility, particularly if, again, taken to a hypothetical conclusion, everyone decided to buy online on the day, rather than in advance. Apart from the system probably falling over, the club wouldn't have a clue how many had bought, until kick off. I still think that me going into the shop and buying a week before a match is as good as buying online on the day and I shouldn't be penalised for it. The club has had a lot of my hard-earned and will no doubt have more - I just feel they're taking advantage.

westsider wrote:I stand by my comments; everyone reads what they want to read not what is actually stated. My comment began as saying that the original argument was not about buying in advance versus buying on the day, it was about online versus in person. I can see the point of a discount for buying in advance because the club knows how much is coming in. Online doesn't give that facility, particularly if, again, taken to a hypothetical conclusion, everyone decided to buy online on the day, rather than in advance. Apart from the system probably falling over, the club wouldn't have a clue how many had bought, until kick off. I still think that me going into the shop and buying a week before a match is as good as buying online on the day and I shouldn't be penalised for it. The club has had a lot of my hard-earned and will no doubt have more - I just feel they're taking advantage.
What am I missing here paid 13 quid on line what would would I pay if I brought in person

newgroundrodney wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:Westsider: I presume you’ll be refunding the club the difference between your OAP concession for your season ticket and the full adult cost? After all, to take your own argument to its logical conclusion, the seat should cost the same to all...
...... don't get me started on that one! :grin:

The point is, nobody is being charged any EXTRA..... it's not £4 extra, it's just a discount for those who are able / willing to avail themselves of it.
It's not a discount, its the same price as last season if you buy online, if you pay at the kiosk its a price hike of two EXTRA pounds when the club stated no rise in price this year, where please tell is the discount

daftasfxxx wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:Westsider: I presume you’ll be refunding the club the difference between your OAP concession for your season ticket and the full adult cost? After all, to take your own argument to its logical conclusion, the seat should cost the same to all...
...... don't get me started on that one! :grin:

The point is, nobody is being charged any EXTRA..... it's not £4 extra, it's just a discount for those who are able / willing to avail themselves of it.
It's not a discount, its the same price as last season if you buy online, if you pay at the kiosk its a price hike of two EXTRA pounds when the club stated no rise in price this year, where please tell is the discount
The discount is that it's a pound cheaper than last season.

I view increase to pay at the kiosk in comparison to online as more as a service charge.

If you wanted a takeaway curry it would be cheaper than eating it on the premises as staff have to serve you and wash dishes etc. which incurrs a cost to the business just like if you sort out your own ticket online it saves time and is cheaper than the costs of staffing and resources for the ticket office.

Micheal wrote:Or you don't go to a gig and spend it on something else
Exactly. If I feel I'm being ripped off, or just don't feel something is worth the extra, I don't pay. I haven't been to a gig for ages and choose my eating places to suit my pocket. When your income is limited you have to be careful and potentially the County may lose the full cost of 2 tickets from me, rather than just the extra £4. The cost to them must be fairly minimal - the shop is run by volunteers so no salary costs. The pushing of people to online seems bizarre at a time when they're trying to encourage people into the shop to buy merchandise. Chances are that if you go in to buy tickets, you'll also buy something else, but not if it costs you extra to do so. I repeat it's not advance compared to on the day that I'm not happy about, it's online versus in person (both of which, in my case, would be in advance).

I just don't want to b penalised for having a job where I'm unsure of my fi nish time for example today I'm 6-2 But could finish anytime between 1pm and 4 pm as it turns out it looks like I'll b wrapped up by one ish so I would have been there but I won't buy an advanced ticket beçause if I finished at 4 it would b wasted

I can't afford £50+ for top name concerts anymore but am paying a respectable 25 notes to see the Shires tonight at Chepstow Castle.
I cannot afford or willing to pay top dollar for a prem league game so I watch league 2 games, you cut your cloth accordingly, I certainly wouldn't quibble over a quid or two, If I found this too much I would watch Chepstow Town.
Chris

Micheal wrote:I just don't want to b penalised for having a job where I'm unsure of my fi nish time for example today I'm 6-2 But could finish anytime between 1pm and 4 pm as it turns out it looks like I'll b wrapped up by one ish so I would have been there but I won't buy an advanced ticket beçause if I finished at 4 it would b wasted
You're not penalised.You are paying the normal full price without discount.