players head to the bench

What is this new thing that every time the ball goes dead when a player 'gets injured' or supposed to be as there are numerous times when the players 'sham' an injury to break up play the majority of the teams head straight to the bench for 'a drink' and 'coaching lessons'.
Almost every free kick you see players looking over to the bench for guidance on who takes it , who goes forward from the back etc ?

FFS they get coached all week , they are professional players and shouldn't need any guidance during games.

It seems to me that players aren't allowed by their coaching team to express themselves anymore on the pitch without their guidance :roll: Coaches stand on the side of the pitch with their notebooks or tablets pointing out to players where they have to run , who to pass to etc and the players stand there nodding their heads like robots :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In my day when you played you would tell your coach/ manager to ( in the words of harps DO ONE - whatever that means :lol: ) or **** orf and talk about it at half time like Adults :wink:

Re: players head to the bench

daftasfxxx wrote:Every team does it muc so they must all be wrong and you of course are always right

I'm not having a go at our players...I realise EVERY team in our league does it....The question I asked is WHY ?

Keith Oakes , Tommy Tynan , Dave Gwyther etc , did you see them head to the bench when there was a stoppage in play , or is it just a new 'fad ' in the game ????

Re: players head to the bench

neilcork68 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Every team does it muc so they must all be wrong and you of course are always right
I'm not having a go at our players...I realise EVERY team in our league does it....The question I asked is WHY ?

Keith Oakes , Tommy Tynan , Dave Gwyther etc , did you see them head to the bench when there was a stoppage in play , or is it just a new 'fad ' in the game ????
Since 1981 the rules on coaching while the ball is in play have completely changed, so no, you wouldn't have seen that then.