FA CUP MONEY

I wonder how much of our £700,000 FA Cup windfall is being wasted on players MF has signed that he wont play ?

Hayes , Sheehan , Osadabie , Reid and Collins have all been signed in the last Transfer window and it seems as though he has very little intention of trusting / playing them. We have an absolute horror show on Tuesday and he makes one change to the side and one enforced change due to injury
lets say they are on £700 each per week( being very conservative about their wages) that 5 x £700 = £3500 per week . Mulitply that by 15 weeks minimum until the end of the season and thats £3500 x 15 = £52000+
Add that to TOE , JBB and Jahraldo Martin who he also doesnt seem to favour and thats a hell of a chunk of wasted wages for a small club like us

Whats the point of him having a squad ?

Re: FA CUP MONEY

neilcork68 wrote:I wonder how much of our £700,000 FA Cup windfall is being wasted on players MF has signed that he wont play ?

Hayes , Sheehan , Osadabie , Reid and Collins have all been signed in the last Transfer window and it seems as though he has very little intention of trusting / playing them. We have an absolute horror show on Tuesday and he makes one change to the side and one enforced change due to injury
lets say they are on £700 each per week( being very conservative about their wages) that 5 x £700 = £3500 per week . Mulitply that by 15 weeks minimum until the end of the season and thats £3500 x 15 = £52000+
Add that to TOE , JBB and Jahraldo Martin who he also doesnt seem to favour and thats a hell of a chunk of wasted wages for a small club like us

Whats the point of him having a squad ?
Surely every club, even a t our level have several players on their books who don't get a game.Presumably, their wages are wasted as well.

Neil prepare yourself for the backlash, but I, for one agree with you, why bring players in on loan and then not play them. Hayes for me should have been used more, he can' t be as bad as some of our strikers, yet doesn't get a look in. Also what was the point in bringing in Collins, he' s done nothing since he left, and nothing since he has come back.

Ugo. wrote:I think there definitely is an argument that the signings in January were not successful but I don't think it has anything to do with wasting money as every club has a squad and we have one no bigger than other teams.

Every manager will sign 'duff players' its the nature of the business. I have no problems with that, it happens but the fact that ALL of his signings he has made , not one player has come in and strengthened the starting 11.
IMO Hayes is a better player than Nouble , Jackson and McCoulsky but MF wont give him game time.
Sheehan is reported to be short of match practice so thats the reason he hasnt used him. So why hasnt he given him game time. he is a better option than Wilmott IMO , even half fit. Today for the last fifteen minutes the game was crying out for someone to come on and try and create things. What did MF do ? Leave him on the bench a ' warmng up' as he had been for twenty miuntes per half
The young lad Oasadabe, He praised him for his qualities when he signed him . He cant even get into the squad recently. Whats all that about ???????

Big Al wrote:Neil prepare yourself for the backlash, but I, for one agree with you, why bring players in on loan and then not play them. Hayes for me should have been used more, he can' t be as bad as some of our strikers, yet doesn't get a look in. Also what was the point in bringing in Collins, he' s done nothing since he left, and nothing since he has come back.

Only off the usual suspects once their medication kicks in :wink: :lol: :lol:

neilcork68 wrote:
Ugo. wrote:I think there definitely is an argument that the signings in January were not successful but I don't think it has anything to do with wasting money as every club has a squad and we have one no bigger than other teams.

Every manager will sign 'duff players' its the nature of the business. I have no problems with that, it happens but the fact that ALL of his signings he has made , not one player has come in and strengthened the starting 11.
IMO Hayes is a better player than Nouble , Jackson and McCoulsky but MF wont give him game time.
Sheehan is reported to be short of match practice so thats the reason he hasnt used him. So why hasnt he given him game time. he is a better option than Wilmott IMO , even half fit. Today for the last fifteen minutes the game was crying out for someone to come on and try and create things. What did MF do ? Leave him on the bench a ' warmng up' as he had been for twenty miuntes per half
The young lad Oasadabe, He praised him for his qualities when he signed him . He cant even get into the squad recently. Whats all that about ???????
I completely agree with everything you say here but saying it's wasted F A cup money is inaccurate as that would only be the case if we'd spent transfer money on them or our squad was too big and neither is the case.

Ugo. wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

I completely agree with everything you say here but saying it's wasted F A cup money is inaccurate as that would only be the case if we'd spent transfer money on them or our squad was too big and neither is the case.

as we progressed in the cup the BOD obviously sanctioned him to sign more players due to increased revenue. none of them have been used

Nothing has been wasted.
The season has nowhere near finished.
Rigg has gone which was a shame.
Cannot see any of these signings on a fortune.
Not true as everyone apart from Collins has made an appearance albeit mainly cameos.

Mike Kear wrote:Nothing has been wasted.
The season has nowhere near finished.
Rigg has gone which was a shame.
Cannot see any of these signings on a fortune.
Not true as everyone apart from Collins has made an appearance albeit mainly cameos.
Also, Aaron Williams' contract was cancelled, a further saving.

Most are on the bench

Reynolds out on loan, Rigg gone, Quigley gone, Williams gone. Not sure the players in would have cost a lot barring maybe Sheehan who's in for long term. Don't think it's wasted any money, only a wasted opportunity maybe.