Re: Interesting Tweet from David Buttress

G Guest wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:There were reports when we first moved in - OK, it's several years ago now - of shop staff with an apparent chip on the shoulder about us sharing being surly with County supporters.
Also at least one of the ticket sales girls was pretty miserable as well. This is why I don't want non-football people facing the public and representing Newport County.
Wow.

Someone working for Dragons was pretty miserable. Therefore non football people should not sell tickets to County fans.

Thank you gentleman, it has been a long time since I have had a belly laugh whilst being alone and sober.

G Guest wrote:Now don't act stupid. You keep control of your own front of house. You don't rely on a third party. That's a fundamental principle of running a customer facing business which is what County is.
Or you could say Newport County and dragons share the cost and benefit of employing a single person to sell tickets instead of employing two at twice the cost to get the same result. It is a fundamental principle of business to not duplicate work. And more good news as sales staff have to be cheerful and friendly a County fan will get the job as the rugby fans are all sour faced and miserable.

I am not acting stupid George. Sadly it seems that neither are you. Acting that is. :grin:

Edit

A short story.

There was this chap who lived in Newport. His wife being away for the weekend he found himself at rather a loose end. How shall I fill the lonely hours before my wife returns on Sunday nigh?. He was a much troubled man and really was at the end of his tether. However in his hour of maximum desperation he was struck with a wonderful idea.

Smiling contentedly to himself he noticed that not only was Cineworld showing any number of very good films but on Saturday Newport County were playing at home and on Sunday the Dragons also had a fixture. So our man jumped into his car, a Ford Focus as it happens but that's not really part of our story, and drove to Friar's Walk. Having parked his car he went into Cineworld and purchased a ticket to see the news blockbuster, Stan Einstein saves humanity. Happy at this point, for like all normal people he loved Stan Einstein, he contentedly walked over the Millennium Bridge to purchase tickets for the two football matches he wished to attend.

On arrival at Rodney Parade he found the ticket office and having queued for a short while and on reaching the counter said to a sour-faced young woman "Could I please have a Hazell Stand ticket to watch Newport County v Coventry this afternoon and a Hazell stand ticket to watch Dragons v Ulster tomorrow please?

"You are so f@cking ugly I don't think you should be allowed out, you might scare the children." The woman replied. For as well as being sour-faced she was also very rude. "I can sell you a Dragons ticket but not one for County.

Taken aback initially the man was lost for words, finally he spluttered, "Why can't you sell me both?

"Listen face-ache." The young woman said, if you want to watch Newport County you'll need to queue up at their ticket office. Now do you want a ticket for Dragons v Ulster or not?

"Stuff the pair of you." Said the man as he walked off.

On Sunday evening the man's wife returned. "Did you have a nice weekend?" Asked the wife.

"Quiet." replied the man. "Stayed in except to go and see the new Stan Einstein movie. That Stan is so brave and wise and wonderful." Said the man.

"And so f@cking hot." Replied his wife.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
G Guest wrote:Now don't act stupid. You keep control of your own front of house. You don't rely on a third party. That's a fundamental principle of running a customer facing business which is what County is.
Or you could say Newport County and dragons share the cost and benefit of employing a single person to sell tickets instead of employing two at twice the cost to get the same result. It is a fundamental principle of business to not duplicate work. And more good news as sales staff have to be cheerful and friendly a County fan will get the job as the rugby fans are all sour faced and miserable.

I am not acting stupid George. Sadly it seems that neither are you. Acting that is. :grin:

Edit

A short story.

There was this chap who lived in Newport. His wife being away for the weekend he found himself at rather a loose end. How shall I fill the lonely hours before my wife returns on Sunday nigh?. He was a much troubled man and really was at the end of his tether. However in his hour of maximum desperation he was struck with a wonderful idea.

Smiling contentedly to himself he noticed that not only was Cineworld showing any number of very good films but on Saturday Newport County were playing at home and on Sunday the Dragons also had a fixture. So our man jumped into his car, a Ford Focus as it happens but that's not really part of our story, and drove to Friar's Walk. Having parked his car he went into Cineworld and purchased a ticket to see the news blockbuster, Stan Einstein saves humanity. Happy at this point, for like all normal people he loved Stan Einstein, he contentedly walked over the Millennium Bridge to purchase tickets for the two football matches he wished to attend.

On arrival at Rodney Parade he found the ticket office and having queued for a short while and on reaching the counter said to a sour-faced young woman "Could I please have a Hazell Stand ticket to watch Newport County v Coventry this afternoon and a Hazell stand ticket to watch Dragons v Ulster tomorrow please?

"You are so f@cking ugly I don't think you should be allowed out, you might scare the children." The woman replied. For as well as being sour-faced she was also very rude. "I can sell you a Dragons ticket but not one for County.

Taken aback initially the man was lost for words, finally he spluttered, "Why can't you sell me both?

"Listen face-ache." The young woman said, if you want to watch Newport County you'll need to queue up at their ticket office. Now do you want a ticket for Dragons v Ulster or not?

On Sunday evening the man's wife returned. "Did you have a nice weekend?" Asked the wife.

"Quiet." replied the man. "Stayed in except to go and see the new Stan Einstein movie. That Stan is so brave and wise and wonderful." Said the man.

Brilliant !!!!!!! :cheers: :grin: :lol: :bounce:

A short story.

That's a good story Stan
If i had any grandkids i'ld read it to them at bedtime :grin:

BASSALEG EXILE wrote:
To be fair to the bloke he talks a good game but can he back it up? I certainly hope so.

He wants to develop the cabbage patch into a hotel/restraint/office space using capital raised by the Dragons board. Therefore allowing the Dragons to have a permenant alternative source of income. A good strategy in my opinion and if this goes ahead I believe we should invest as much money as we can into the development in return for a % of the income generated once the project has completed.

I also like how he isn't too pleased that all 3 Newport teams aren't under the same roof with regards to club shops and ticket offices.
Reading between the lines David Buttress is saying he doesn't want to pay for the redevelopment of the stadium, just for development, of the land that County's shop and Ticket office stands on.
He goes on to say that he wants to just prettify the 100 year old Hazell stand.
I think it is time to see what the Council can propose.

He can say what he wants.It's down to the WRU.Just say the WRU funded these developments,then you'd have the other 3 regions saying we want the equivalent in cash too.
Private investment will want a healthy return which is taking money away from RP.
In these times when the Council is slashing services there is no way they can spunk cash away on doing up RP,there would be public uproar.
I'd take his comments with a very large pinch of salt.