Re: GRANDSTAND: CRAWLEY

Tony Soprano wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:"49’ Goal Crawley. It’s 2-1. Jimmy Smith’s shot was deflected and despite Demetriou’s best efforts it was over the line. 2-1 now." sayeth the Twittermachine.

Doesn't really sound like Day's fault, not that the official live twitter is likely to be assigning any blame.
The Facebook feed now says it was Bennett trying to clear it, FWIW.
Day was 100% to blame for the goal, Mickey then tried to clear it off the line but it looked over to me & I was right in line with it.
Same here- spot on - goal

Special mention to Paul Hayes. Should have come on 5minutes earlier. We needed that older head to keep the ball, win fouls and talk to the players. Thought he was excellent. Perfect type of player to bring on in those situations.

Ben white is a rolls Royce of a player. Heard rumours today palace want him. No surprise he could be a future premier league centre back.

Mickey is a league one defender playing at this level. We are lucky to have him.

Thought tozer played really well.

Day had a shocker on the goal and didn't really recover after it. The panic in the team from then on was all too obvious. Atleast we got the 3 points so he can easily shrug that performance off.

Have to say I love watching sheehan. Thought he had a really good first half. Still can't believe he is one of our permanent players. We have a gem there. Yes he tired but overall a decent performance.

Fourthousand wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
Triangle wrote:Mickey D with assist fort the first and converts a penalty for the second.....I’m lovin’ It!

Great for the club in front of a large crowd!
Thought it was Ben White with the assist for the first
It was Ben- great ball.
Stunning assist/cross/pass whatever you want to call it. The kid is a proper player.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:For me to judge a goalkeeper on one performance is unfair. So I will say nothing about Joe Day.

First half sublime. I don't know what Michael Flynn said at half time but I sincerely hope that whatever it was he doesn't say it again. We were truly awful.

Still a win is a win.
Spot on !!
2nd half we couldn't string 2 passes together
Joe Day's **** up for their goal will be forgotten over the whole season . He's allowed 1 or 2 of those when you consider the number of games where he has saved us on numerous occasions .

A scrappy 2-1 home win is still progress compared to the last few seasons , as Feeney's face at the end will confirm !

We'd have lost that under him or Butcher or Westley ......

Second half woeful our midfield folded. Could not stop the extra pace that Crawley had out wide and through the middle. At times it was like the Alamo but somehow with our defensive qualities stopped the second going in but only just. It highlighted Tozer and Bennetts lack of pace could not cope and as we know Robbie is not defensively minded. So the ball was time after time given away or stolen but with our back four some how saving the Day.

mike wilks wrote:Very good first half performance as previously stated, but we went from comfortable to being on the ropes after Joes' unfortunate handling error..... Pleased to get another win however! Mickey Demetriou my choice for MOM....
Wrong thread
Please add your vote to MOM