Re: Capacity

I demand the war years! Seriously a generation of fathers lost touch with footy because they supported lovell and didn't take their kids to county, ps I mist end with ' I have the war year's' lovell athletic oh yea oh yea...;-)

Fourthousand wrote:I've played at Lovells a few times; never as big a club as the County and folded in1969.
I've often wondered what Rexville was like as a ground, unfortunately I've never found any photographs of it.

Were Lovells well supported?

Mr Gallipoli wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:I've played at Lovells a few times; never as big a club as the County and folded in1969.
I've often wondered what Rexville was like as a ground, unfortunately I've never found any photographs of it.

I only ever saw one game there. Nice ground but small. Often forgotten but the season Yeovil knocked Sunderland out of the Cup, a major shock in the 1940's Yeovil equalized there in the final minute of a 4th qualifying round tie.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Mr Gallipoli wrote:

I only ever saw one game there. Nice ground but small. Often forgotten but the season Yeovil knocked Sunderland out of the Cup, a major shock in the 1940's Yeovil equalized there in the final minute of a 4th qualifying round tie.
I know that where the ground stood the area is called the turnstiles.

Someone once told me that an old pylon that stood on the site was the remnants of one of the old floodlights as well, although I'm not sure if that's correct - the frame work has long singe gone now.

Were there terraces etc?

Were Lovells well supported?[/quote]

I only ever saw one game there. Nice ground but small. Often forgotten but the season Yeovil knocked Sunderland out of the Cup, a major shock in the 1940's Yeovil equalized there in the final minute of a 4th qualifying round tie.[/quote]

I know that where the ground stood the area is called the turnstiles.

Someone once told me that an old pylon that stood on the site was the remnants of one of the old floodlights as well, although I'm not sure if that's correct - the frame work has long singe gone now.

Were there terraces etc?[/quote]

Yes and a stand

Fourthousand wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:Roll up, roll up....
Yes please give me ten bobs worth:
I always get suckered in to this perennial question but here goes:

No 1 Choice -Rodney Parade- love the location; now a great pitch. Buy into the ownership and develop onto an already existing infrastructure.

No 2 Get Casle Bingo out and put a brand spanking new stadium in its place (touch and go if wide enough) utilise the existing space (incl car parking). Again City Centre location.

No 3 Develop the Bus terminal on corps road with a little pinch of land off abutting land at Maindee school - sorry kids we need your bike shed. Move Bus terminal to Castle Bingo compulsory purchase ( I like Bingo, I really do but not as much as I luv the County).

No 4 preference. Move the University courses to Pontypridd and Cardiff (on the cards), put Coleg Gwent into the existing University building plus extend into Castle Bingo for more space and parking (sorry again Bingoers). Build a brand new stadium at Nash.

The first choice would involve buying into RP perhaps with Council and Rugby to have a stake. Either develop - option 1- or sell it for housing to get the monies to grease the machinery for any of the other 3 options to 'gear' into place.
Something like No.1 for me, perhaps somehow we could gradually purchase one third of the stadium off them, then more gradually, all of it eventually. Maybe a ringfenced fund for the purpose?
I don't know enough about the locales in the other options to comment.
David Buttress (Dragons Chairman, might now be CEO) talked about commercial development of the site inorder to produce revenue streams to help grow/sttenghten the region financially.We would probably want to get on board (50% ownership or a third if Council aboard) before this takes off/takes shape otherwise the opportunity could be lost. So maybe £4M would help derisk it/ buy time/ inject much needed cash into the Region. We get a stake in RP now and some cash streams (rates) later on. How do we get 4 MILLION.?
"How do we get £4million ?" ......
dumping Spurs out of the cup would be a start !

No 1 Choice -Rodney Parade- love the location; now a great pitch. Buy into the ownership and develop onto an already existing infrastructure.

No 2 Get Casle Bingo out and put

David Buttress (Dragons Chairman, might now be CEO) talked about commercial development of the site inorder to produce revenue streams to help grow/sttenghten the region financially.We would probably want to get on board (50% ownership or a third if Council aboard) before this takes off/takes shape otherwise the opportunity could be lost. So maybe £4M would help derisk it/ buy time/ inject much needed cash into the Region. We get a stake in RP now and some cash streams (rates) later on. How do we get 4 MILLION.?[/quote]

"How do we get £4million ?" ......
dumping Spurs out of the cup would be a start ![/quote]

Via a replay (get us to £1M) then past Man U in 5th round at OT (another £1M)...
getting there.