Re: TRANSFER WINDOW NEWS

I am glad we haven't spent in the transfer window. When the transfer fees received and Cup run monies are counted I suspect we will have about £1,000,000 over what we had expected. I'd rather sit down and figure out the best way to use that money rather than spend wildly like some latter day Viv Nicholson.

We are comfortably mid table. We will not be relegated and promotion via play-offs is not impossible. In the absence of us signing Lionel Messi I can't see that situation being changed by a few additions to the squad.

I sincerely hope you are right about the money. Unfortunately, under previous regimes, we have had a history of seasons that looked from the outside as though they should have produced bumper revenues only to find out later that all monies received had been swallowed by the black hole of running the club.

Hopefully the current Board will show us that they are better than that which has gone before, but better governance would help to make that more of a certainty.

I'm sure questions about it will be asked at the next open meeting or AGM if it is not made part of the initial presentation on the night.

Amberexile wrote:I sincerely hope you are right about the money. Unfortunately, under previous regimes, we have had a history of seasons that looked from the outside as though they should have produced bumper revenues only to find out later that all monies received had been swallowed by the black hole of running the club.

Hopefully the current Board will show us that they are better than that which has gone before, but better governance would help to make that more of a certainty.

I'm sure questions about it will be asked at the next open meeting or AGM if it is not made part of the initial presentation on the night.
I agree entirely. This is going to have to stop. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I sincerely hope you are right about the money. Unfortunately, under previous regimes, we have had a history of seasons that looked from the outside as though they should have produced bumper revenues only to find out later that all monies received had been swallowed by the black hole of running the club.

I agree entirely. This is going to have to stop. :grin:
I've told you before, you agree with me on more things than you realise :wink: :lol:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I am glad we haven't spent in the transfer window. When the transfer fees received and Cup run monies are counted I suspect we will have about £1,000,000 over what we had expected. I'd rather sit down and figure out the best way to use that money rather than spend wildly like some latter day Viv Nicholson.

We are comfortably mid table. We will not be relegated and promotion via play-offs is not impossible. In the absence of us signing Lionel Messi I can't see that situation being changed by a few additions to the squad.
Bloody Hell Stan.

Viv (spend spend spend} Nicolson. That takes me back a bit.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I am glad we haven't spent in the transfer window. When the transfer fees received and Cup run monies are counted I suspect we will have about £1,000,000 over what we had expected. I'd rather sit down and figure out the best way to use that money rather than spend wildly like some latter day Viv Nicholson.

Bloody Hell Stan.

Viv (spend spend spend} Nicolson. That takes me back a bit.
I know, we are getting old. No we are old.

lowandhard wrote:
Marky wrote:Where is JBB?
Still with us I thought after returning from Torquay. Disappointing Flynny didn’t get any deals over the line , everyone at the top has strengthened so no bid for the playoffs ( as rumoured by board backing him in the market ) by the look of it. We’ll hopefully end up comfortably mid-table though. That’ll do for me rather than being ripped off, spend it wisely.
Not changing things is better than changing things for the worse so that in itself isn't necessarily a problem. There are no guarantees with football transfers but if it's about the impact players have on arrival, we did our business good and early so players have more time to integrate and up to a month more playing time for us than someone who came in on deadline day.

If we'd have been relegated last season, we'd have been up shit creek without a paddle financially. Finances still weren't great before the FA Cup windfall apparently. Therefore, it's critical that this money is invested wisely and carefully to secure our long term future - be that a training base, reserve team, scouting, youth development or long term ground/ residency plans.

Mike Kear wrote:Overtook an old white minibus on M4 this morning emblazoned with Newport County signia and sponsors logos heading over the 7 bridge.
Everybody inside had red track suits on.
Out of interest who would they be?

That would be the academy probably. They drew 2-2 away to Cheltenham earlier today

Ado wrote:If we'd have been relegated last season, we'd have been up shit creek without a paddle financially. Finances still weren't great before the FA Cup windfall apparently. Therefore, it's critical that this money is invested wisely and carefully to secure our long term future - be that a training base, reserve team, scouting, youth development or long term ground/ residency plans.
Agree with that except for a reserve team.We tried it in 91,not viable in a practical or financial way.