Re: Players needed.

Rather than sign journeymen I would take a chance and look for younger players.

Whatever Westley's faults he got his signings right. He also got the blend right. But last season our needs were different. We were in a battle to survive.

Credit to Michael Flynn but unless we completely collapse we are safe at the start of January. If Barnet, Chesterfield and Forest Green keep it up we have enough points already. If it were me I'd take a chance and bring in a couple of young lads who might be lacking experience but haven't yet learned fear.

Westley got his signing right

Jebb
O'Hanlon
Meite
Williams
Craig Reid
Mitchel Rose
Bird
Blanchard
Flynny

None of these improved the teams performances.

Only 3 were truly great signings

Mickey Pipey and O' Brien.

Obviously it enabled Flynny to come through and make history

Apart from these 3 most were terrible and a couple of Nationwide standard

Re: Kemy Augustien

Not a signing that gets my senses tingling by any means
BUT
he has consistently played at a higher level than us for the big majority of his career, surely that experience in a relatively young squad could be crucial towards the later end of the season if we start sniffing at a play off spot.

Re: Kemy Augustien

Harps62 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Probably bullshit
Why say that?
The Twitter account it came from says they are a sport management company but only ever done 5 tweets including another one today saying the exact same thing about Oliver Davies that he is also training with us. I would say either a fake Twitter account or a new agent that has got hold of flynny and send a few new clients for some training sessions

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Beg to differ on Bird ? Whatever guy think of his a player his goals were invaluable.

I agree. His goals helped keep this club in the Football League. (Including the goals in two 1-0 victories against Morecambe & Accrington).

6 goals in 19 games.... Comparable to our main three strikers now, arguably in a worse team...

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Beg to differ on Bird ? Whatever guy think of his a player his goals were invaluable.
Fair enough but still got blown out at the end of the season as surplus to requirements a little unlucky one thinks.
Started like a train with Dover but gone bit quiet recently.

Harps62 wrote:
Fair enough but still got blown out at the end of the season as surplus to requirements a little unlucky one thinks.
Started like a train with Dover but gone bit quiet recently.

He's second in the top scorers charts with 12. Top scored in the League has 13.

I liked Ryan Bird and I believe we should have kept him & got rid of Jackson, but I suspect Bird was/is on more money than Marlon and that was the main factor in Flynny's decision....