Re: Players needed.

County Exile wrote:From the manager's post match comments on Saturday 2 of the targets are already done and dusted and would be available for the Leeds match (so not cup tied). Maybe we will hear which ones they are today?

Sheehan is definitely not cup tied so hopefully he is one of the two.

I hope you are right about Sheehan Rob, he would be a great asset. However, the Jacks have a new Manager so he may put a spanner in the works.

But with the consensus being that Swansea didn't reinvest after selling, I'd be amazed if they saw an inexperienced young player just recovering from a nine month injury as part of the plan for Premier League survival. He's more likely to be an asset as a squad player in the Championship next season.

You may well be right about Sheeham in the Premiership. However, there are other factors at play as well. Players wanting to impress the new Manager, new man stamping his authority on the club etc. Can't remember who the player was but Alan Curtis stuffed us regarding loans a few years ago when he took over as Caretaker at the Swans. You just never know.

New Manager, new ideas. Ollie McBurnie wasn't a Premiership player until this weekend either. He was MOM on the weekend.

somerton moss wrote:2 Midfielders attacking and defensive, ideally a utility defender who can play centre back and left or right back and a striker who is good in the air and scores.
If FGR go down must have a punt next season at getting Newport born and bred Doidge.
I think that Dale will be very motivated to keep hold of his star man and that he will also add some heavy hitters in the drive to stay up - he needs him on the books big time.

If he were to become available (massive 'if') I wouldn't be surprised if the bidding was close to a very big number (I'd guess at a million as Div1 teams pushing on and indeed championship teams piled in).

Ps not what I think he is worth but what the market is like nowadays especially in a Jan window when a few goals can make all the difference.

bignbeefy wrote:Not sure about the obsession with new FBs. Pipe and Butler have been true and L2 level performers.

It's glaringly obvious that our midfield is the weak link. Without Labs we are awful. Dolan and Tozer are so slow it's not funny and seem to migrate back towards our own area after about 50 minutes of any game - in all honesty should they be playing in the same side? WIlmott is not of L2 quality and really has no place in whatever system we are trying to play.

Would love to see Mark Byrne back and we need to decide what pairing is our best up top.

Still think McGoalski is an impact player and needs to come off the bench. Noobs is still messing with my mind. His refusal to even jog back onside on Saturday sums him up. He is an enigma but the unorthodox nature of his play is a strength. He needs to score more (Obvious I know!) to demand a starting place in the side I think.

I'd like to see more of Reynolds but I fear it's going to be a lot of splinters for him for the rest of the year!
The issue with the midfield is that we don't play through them so they spend the entire game haring up and down chasing our hoofs and trying to support, then by the end they're knackered and just sit - though I'd rather that than Bennett's approach against Cheltenham which was often getting caught 10 yards behind the play and not protecting the back 5 whilst their midfield ran at us...

County Exile wrote:From the manager's post match comments on Saturday 2 of the targets are already done and dusted and would be available for the Leeds match (so not cup tied). Maybe we will hear which ones they are today?

I would think the two done and dusted are sheehan and Hayes.

Bush wrote:

Surely Hayes isn't one as he's already signed

Exile 1976 wrote:
Bush wrote:

Surely Hayes isn't one as he's already signed
BBC are saying 3 including Hayes no that they know anything more than us -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42530232

Exile 1976 wrote:Welcome back to the Port, Mr Sheehan.
Excellent addition. Nice one Flynny.
Is it official now Exile if so brilliant news?
Hope its Dolan place in the side as today I thought we cracked it with Frank & Padraig in the middle and Robbie out wide.
Sheehan would be far quicker than Dolan and link up superbly with those 3.
Labs just behind and hopefully Tozer more defensive.
Could be exciting times ahead for us.
Maybe right back replacing Pipey although you cannot fault him this season.
When he got booked he just shrugged brilliant.

Kemy Augustien

What an unusual signing if correct.
Journeyman for sure (nothing wrong with that)
Current International for Curacao.
Officially midfielder but played right back for Swansea few years back voted MOM.
Good read on Wiki.
Injury prone (hamstring)
39 games for Swansea.
Last club in the Phillipines.
Does not score at all so very defensive not attacking FB or midfielder.
Fascinating what Flynny sees here or needs with this signing.
Played in Holland, Poland & Hamilton for just 2 games before getting released.
Jury definitely out I think.
Cheers
Harps.