Re: News regarding ex County players

Percy plunkett wrote: September 18th, 2023, 11:03 pm So if a player isn’t good enough for Watford then he can’t be good enough for us,bizarre logic there I would say.I bet GC was pissed right off when Rai scored against Brentford,he probably had him pencilled in for a season loan at Pontypridd.Mind you,his reward for scoring that goal was to be left out of the 18 for two games,he made the squad on Saturday but didn’t get on,even though Evans was out on his feet and may have an injury because of it.
Do you honestly believe that the manager, who spent the summer bemoaning the tiny budget he has to work with, would be furious if the player on the lowest wages at the club starts making an impact on the first team? Every manager at this level is praying for a kid to come through the academy good enough to be playing week in, week out. They just don't come through very often.

Clubs at the Premier League level, with all their highly qualified coaches, money and elite-level facilities have difficulty bringing players through - never mind a League 2 club without a permanent training base.

DT1892 wrote: September 20th, 2023, 8:12 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: September 18th, 2023, 11:03 pm So if a player isn’t good enough for Watford then he can’t be good enough for us,bizarre logic there I would say.I bet GC was pissed right off when Rai scored against Brentford,he probably had him pencilled in for a season loan at Pontypridd.Mind you,his reward for scoring that goal was to be left out of the 18 for two games,he made the squad on Saturday but didn’t get on,even though Evans was out on his feet and may have an injury because of it.
Do you honestly believe that the manager, who spent the summer bemoaning the tiny budget he has to work with, would be furious if the player on the lowest wages at the club starts making an impact on the first team? Every manager at this level is praying for a kid to come through the academy good enough to be playing week in, week out. They just don't come through very often.

Clubs at the Premier League level, with all their highly qualified coaches, money and elite-level facilities have difficulty bringing players through - never mind a League 2 club without a permanent training base.
The way football is played these days, anyone with a modicum of ability (decent first touch, strength) could be coached to do a job.

Think the way league Two works is the biggest influence in the absence of academy players at this level. It's all hustle and bustle and not a lot of flair.

If GC is still here after HJ is installed I will be surprised. HJ has already said he wants to build a structure( didn't JR say the same) GC has never mentioned one, all he's done run the club down. His signings are poor especially Jameson, hardly played for the last two season, Baker ten league games in yet to play, Payne a right back but he prefers Mcloughlin in that position. He can't keep moaning about the squad, JRs signings play regularly his doesn't. It was said JR was replaced by an experienced manager, GC has acheived nothing only the sack from Mansfield

Jack Karadogan playing for Pontypridd against TNS - the whole Pontypridd team outclassed as expected to be fair.

Although TNS's Ben Clark stood out. Only 22, 12 games this season, 6 goals and 3 assists from midfield. Should be on our radar to be the next to make the jump but I think he's probably, like Bowen, too technical for a GC midfield.

DT1892 wrote: October 1st, 2023, 5:10 pm Jack Karadogan playing for Pontypridd against TNS - the whole Pontypridd team outclassed as expected to be fair.

Although TNS's Ben Clark stood out. Only 22, 12 games this season, 6 goals and 3 assists from midfield. Should be on our radar to be the next to make the jump but I think he's probably, like Bowen, too technical for a GC midfield.
Hopefully we'll now have enough financial pull to persuade someone away from TNS. Imagine they're getting paid quite well.