Re: News regarding ex County players

ajs wrote: October 26th, 2023, 11:44 am
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: October 25th, 2023, 1:44 pm
ajs wrote: October 25th, 2023, 1:13 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: October 25th, 2023, 9:56 am
ajs wrote: October 25th, 2023, 7:39 am too technical for us Bowen gets two (that's 5 or 6 to date) for Wealdstone, poor decision to loan out, should have looked to his development in our team not theirs.
I take the opposite view. Regular games for Wealdstone, which he almost certainly wouldn't have got with us, seems to have done his personal develop the world of good. If deemed necessary, he could be recalled in January as a better player.
You are right GC wouldn't have played him he's a footballer with good vision, he's not Irish and carrying injuries. Sooner GC is relieved the better
Such a sad bitter and twisted post.

Maybe but look at his signings, a 2 year for a plyer who seldom play last season. a pleyer sign that has missed 25% of the season through injury, a player that was on loan to Eastleigh and never got a game (30mins), I good go on. GC is not an experienced manager, he failed at Mansfield and was a co manager at Sheffield Uniteds under 23s.
His signings are poor, sorry but thats my view, reminds a bit of the Bobby Evans era when he favoured Scottish players.
Doubt if anyone would disagree that his signings have been poor, yet given the need to replace those players that left, he had no option but to replace them within his budget with those players, who it is extremely unlikely had offers to go to any other EFL. Hence we have what we got. I would like nothing more than to see local players, such as Lewis Collins, Bowen, Bright etc playing for us, but they simply haven't shown they deserve to be. No amount of wishful thinking by supporters will alter that.

Re: News regarding ex County players

My take fwiw is that as an ex central defender he should have had the defence as his first priority, instead of hoping players like MD and CN were going to sign again which was always unlikely. He should have been in a position to drive change, sign or I will sign x next week as your replacement. His inability to drive change has led to a problem, where players are unable to do what is asked of them.

I would guess that HJ is saying to him who do you want to replace, and if he still hasn't got a decent replacement lined up then the spotlight falls on GC.

It can't be simply unlucky that we have lost every single away game bar one.

When you have less money than the opposition, you have to be decisive, not think plan F or G is going to work out. That's not saying that it has been easy for him, but defenders are not the most expensive players in a team, and from the very start we were shipping goals for fun, and that was before injuries.