Total votes: 9 (53%)
P-Houlden (No votes)
Jephcott (No votes)
Waite (No votes)
Bright (No votes)
Bondswell (No votes)
Total votes: 17

Re: Harrogate MoM

I thought Jameson did really well considering his comeback has been hampered by a lack of minutes on the pitch followed by being rushed due to injuries the to Delaney and McLoughlin. With all three for the rest of the season we would be a force to be reckoned with. Hopefully we can at least field two of them for the majority of the matches left.

I've gone for Zanzala. Not just because of scoring two. Throughout the first half he unsettled their defence every time he had the ball. We've been frustrated with his recent ten minute run outs. Last night he knew he would get a longer shift. Should also say that Jameson looked very composed and Clarke's defensive work thirty yards from goal was superb

Didn't see the match so obviously have no opinion on MOM but found Zanzalas' inclusion from the start interesting. I can understand need to give Seb a rest because by my calculations he's run the equivalent of to New York and back this season, but there was no indication Zanzala would find the net anytime this season on his appearances thus far. It does create a conundrum for Saturday - start Zanzala because of his two goals or go back to Seb for his all-round game?

wattsville_boy wrote: February 28th, 2024, 12:57 pm Didn't see the match so obviously have no opinion on MOM but found Zanzalas' inclusion from the start interesting. I can understand need to give Seb a rest because by my calculations he's run the equivalent of to New York and back this season, but there was no indication Zanzala would find the net anytime this season on his appearances thus far. It does create a conundrum for Saturday - start Zanzala because of his two goals or go back to Seb for his all-round game?
They have two completely different styles, with Zanzala starting his runs further back and more to the left hand side. Seb is a better player if as a front two County need to press high, and stop the opposition having unopposed possession from the back. Having said that, they both scored last night, so GC obviously got the selection right.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 28th, 2024, 2:52 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: February 28th, 2024, 12:57 pm Didn't see the match so obviously have no opinion on MOM but found Zanzalas' inclusion from the start interesting. I can understand need to give Seb a rest because by my calculations he's run the equivalent of to New York and back this season, but there was no indication Zanzala would find the net anytime this season on his appearances thus far. It does create a conundrum for Saturday - start Zanzala because of his two goals or go back to Seb for his all-round game?
They have two completely different styles, with Zanzala starting his runs further back and more to the left hand side. Seb is a better player if as a front two County need to press high, and stop the opposition having unopposed possession from the back. Having said that, they both scored last night, so GC obviously got the selection right.
And goals are always good for strikers confidence, though I'm fairly sure Seb has been told not to worry too much about how many he scores this season and more on performances...