Re: Possible Transfers Out

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:09 pm
rncfc wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:01 pm
neilcork68 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:56 pm A couple of hundred grand now or nowt if Evans walks away in the Summer.

Hard to take but it's business and that's what H J is here for....
Evans has another year on his contract.
We don't yet know if the option of the additional year from his initial 2 year contract has/will be triggered, or what the riders may be on that option.
I see. I didn't realise that.

rncfc wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:10 pm
neilcork68 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 8:56 pm A couple of hundred grand now or nowt if Evans walks away in the Summer.

We don't yet know if the option of the additional year from his initial 2 year contract has/will be triggered, or what the riders may be on that option.
I see. I didn't realise that.
Don't pretend to know the ins and outs of how additional year options work, or whether the club or player is in the driving seat for this particular arrangement, or even the permittable timescale for such triggering. Guess we are reliant upon HJ having experience in these matters and making a judgement call if clubs make a formal offer in this window which shuts 11p.m Thursday. A lot can yet happen in 3 days.

Well Zanzalla triggered his option with just 15 appearances and 3 goals so Will should be triggered.

ajs wrote: January 29th, 2024, 12:42 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 29th, 2024, 12:16 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 29th, 2024, 12:08 pm
flat4 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 10:05 am The next 3 days could well have a big impact on our season, the on field display by 3 particular players last night, will have not gone unnoticed by some clubs that may have been showing a interest in them already, we can only keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.
For now it's back to the league fixtures and consolidation of our league status.
What will be will be.......

Personally I find it odd that fans believe in the club polishing rough diamonds for a living, but when it comes to club actually reaping a financial reward, then the club are showing no ambition.....
Or will the club under new ownership show the greater long term ambition of not circuming to a short term financial reward?
That is my hope. We should build a side capable of league one and when promoted build for the championship, thats a proffessionable way. Cut out loan players, you can't build a team on loan players, however of the current crop who would you try and keep, me Baker and Lewis, not sure about Payne. What happened to Bright, not on the bench when two injured players were. I would not like to see money being spent on further loanees and the likes of any of Bright, Rai, Wood, Waite being loaned out. LJ is a positive step young enough to work with and develop.
Bright would have made 3 WB’s on the bench so I can see the reasoning.

Percy plunkett wrote: January 29th, 2024, 9:29 pm

Well Zanzalla triggered his option with just 15 appearances and 3 goals so Will should be triggered.
Are you saying that all additional year options are identical? And if so does either party have equal opportunity of it's triggering?