BYRON ANTHONY & MIKE FLYNN INTERIM ASST 2.10.15
WARREN FEENEY FROM LINFIELD, APPT ASST/MAN 6.10.15
MIKE FLYNN APPT 1ST TM COACH 8.10.15
SCOT BENNETT D NOTTS CO 3ML 31.12.15 RECALLED 8.10.15
RYAN MACKERNESS RE-APPT GK COACH 8.10.15
ZAK ANSAH F CHARLTON 2ML – AGAIN 9.10.15
TOMMY O’SULLIVAN M CARDIFF CITY 1ML EXT 13.10.15
JAZZI BARNUM-BOBB D CARDIFF CITY 1ML EXT 13.10.15
OLIVER MCBURNIE F SWANSEA 1MYL 24.12.15 RECALLED 26.11.15 RHYS TAYLOR G WREXHAM L EXT SEAS 29.10.15
BEN DAVIES D PRESTON NE 1ML EXT SEAS 7.1.16
CONNOR DYMOND N CRYSTAL PAL 1ML 15.2.16 RETURNED 7.1.16
WARREN FEENEY INTERIM TO END OF SEASON 15.1.15 APPT CONFIRMED 13.1.16 JOHN SHERIDAN LEAVES TO JOIN OLDHAM 13.1.16

Re: Signings under Sheridan

excessbee wrote: January 24th, 2024, 9:45 pm Hmm ..... Weren't they in Westley's time?
Checking on it...your correct.

For all the abuse Westley got , without his signings Flynn wouldn't have had a chance to save us from the drop.

Westley had an eye for a player but couldn't put a winning team out on the pitch.
Flynn's signings left a lot to be desired but he got the best out of the players we had at the club . For every good player he signed you could also say he signed some complete dross. Then again if you had the scatter gun approach of signing loads of players by the laws of averages your bound to unearth a few gems.
When everything was going well Flynn was a good man manager and got the best out of players. When things started going against his plans he is quick enough to throw them under a bus and never take responsibility. He took praise when it was going good but when things didn't go well it was never down to him.

Yes,Flynny would say that he wants quality over quantity but then do the opposite and sign bodies,some who didn’t play at all or,some who hardly did.GC has said that he doesn’t want to sign players for the sake of it and,have them an unused substitute or sat in the stand.So far,he has kept to his word and not panicked into duff signings.I agree,unless a player is going to make a difference then,don’t sign dross.

Percy plunkett wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:44 pm Yes,Flynny would say that he wants quality over quantity but then do the opposite and sign bodies,some who didn’t play at all or,some who hardly did.GC has said that he doesn’t want to sign players for the sake of it and,have them an unused substitute or sat in the stand.So far,he has kept to his word and not panicked into duff signings.I agree,unless a player is going to make a difference then,don’t sign dross.
I'm not entirely sure about GC not signing dross. We've not really seen enough of Jameson (due to injury) to make a decision on him and Maxted really isn't the best back up GK to have. In his defence his budget won't have been great this season so he could be forgiven for signing 'cheap' back up players to make up the numbers in the short term...

wattsville_boy wrote: January 24th, 2024, 11:15 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:44 pm Yes,Flynny would say that he wants quality over quantity but then do the opposite and sign bodies,some who didn’t play at all or,some who hardly did.GC has said that he doesn’t want to sign players for the sake of it and,have them an unused substitute or sat in the stand.So far,he has kept to his word and not panicked into duff signings.I agree,unless a player is going to make a difference then,don’t sign dross.
I'm not entirely sure about GC not signing dross. We've not really seen enough of Jameson (due to injury) to make a decision on him and Maxted really isn't the best back up GK to have. In his defence his budget won't have been great this season so he could be forgiven for signing 'cheap' back up players to make up the numbers in the short term...
Jameson looked class when fit, no way is he cheap back up. Thing is GC may have had to take a chance on him being made of glass.

Percy plunkett wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:44 pm Yes,Flynny would say that he wants quality over quantity but then do the opposite and sign bodies,some who didn’t play at all or,some who hardly did.GC has said that he doesn’t want to sign players for the sake of it and,have them an unused substitute or sat in the stand
lowandhard wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote: January 24th, 2024, 11:15 pm
Jameson looked class when fit, no way is he cheap back up. Thing is GC may have had to take a chance on him being made of glass.
.So far,he has kept to his word and not panicked into duff signings.I agree,unless a player is going to make a difference then,don’t sign dross.
I suppose Percy is strictly correct as he says "GC has said that he doesn’t want to sign players for the sake of it and,have them an unused substitute or sat in the stand'. GC hasn't done that - Jameson has been stuck in the treatment room...