Re: Grandstand: Tranmere v Exiles

County ranger wrote:We lack selection flexibility - nothing on the bench to change the game that is done in midfield or with a 10.
More endeavour last 10 mins why wait to press until it is a lost cause.
We need to mix formation and change tactics does Flynn have the ability to do this - Evans, Baker - can see why FGR let Shepherd go, can’t cross if his life depended on it, Haynes similar we just have no decent service to our bus load of forwards.
We don't lack selection flexibility, we lack a manager with any tactical nous who just throws on Strikers and plays them out of position. Clueless. Gambin comes on in 86th minute again, why is that? He scored and created in his first few games and has hardly been seen since. He can play wing or behind the front man. Why not use him? Instead we play Labadie there. Shambles.

Benno was a CB who was converted to a DM,he is now converted to a AM.He is slow,can’t pass or create anything yet we are playing him as a number 10.Sheehan can pass and thread balls through to the strikers but,he is playing alongside the CB’s,what the hell is going on.We play countless back passes,putting Townsend under pressure when there is no need to,why can’t the defender go forward instead.Then,we give the forwards absolute dross to feed off.

The promotion dream is over, tell over half of the squad to 'f off 'on gardening leave as they won't be here next season so what's the point of continuing using with them and give some of the youth team a chance... I'd rather see us lose games 4 - 0 with them lads giving it a go rather than continue to watch this shite week after week
And while we're at it tell MF to do the same... Totally clueless....[/quote]

I think it's due to MF et al. Players not the issue. If an ambitious management team came in, the players would be 100% better.

Castle Exile wrote:Really don't understand just throwing a load of strikers on. What is the point of putting Telford on, on the right wing, I'd guess he's never played there in his life. Round pegs in square holes.
All we do is completely lose any shape we had, just throwing a load of strikers on. Gambin not getting game time beggers belief.

Maynard and Telford criticised on Saturday, what did Amond, Taylor, Ellison and Scrimshaw do tonight, nothing because there is absolutely no service, not sure how the manager can't see it.
I had forgotten Telford came on, who must have won the most anonymous player award by a mile. Flynn’s January transfer business is truly appalling, he clearly doesn’t like Evans and Gambin, is totally confused about whether who to play with Maynard. Wishes he didn’t have to play Maynard but after telling the board that he was worth three times as much a week as any other player in the team feels it only polite to let him f*** it up for an hour each game.

Beechwood Boy wrote:It's so obvious........we are NOT to go up. Flynn been told to stay in League 2. Creative players taken off/played out of position/playing below potential/on bench. Why waste money on Maynard when we have no ambition to be promoted?
Flynn has to go if we have ANY ambition of going up.

Said on another thread years ago that in play-off final that subs that were brought on were designed to keep us in League 2. Subs that hadn't played since February that season, brought on at the end of May to win us promotion.......Come on!!!
Close enough.

I will come to Newport, I will find you and I will kill you. :grin:

Beechwood Boy wrote:The promotion dream is over, tell over half of the squad to 'f off 'on gardening leave as they won't be here next season so what's the point of continuing using with them and give some of the youth team a chance... I'd rather see us lose games 4 - 0 with them lads giving it a go rather than continue to watch this shite week after week
And while we're at it tell MF to do the same... Totally clueless....
I think it's due to MF et al. Players not the issue. If an ambitious management team came in, the players would be 100% better.[/quote]

Our BOD haven't got the balls to sack MF... Knowing them they will probably give him another improved extended contract for keeping us up..
How bad does it have to go before he can't stop living off the past? I don't care what those with Amber tinted specs say 90% of managers with our form since December would have been sacked by now.. By GF giving a man who wanted out a better contract he seems as though we can't afford to sack him.
He can't or won't change his tactics so if we are stuck with clueless MF he may as well give the future a chance and play some youth team players... Then again, thinking about it he will kill their spirits with his negative tactics.. Anyone not toeing his line of playing hoof all will be dropped, never to be seem I the first team again

Percy plunkett wrote:Plenty of huff and puff but,the nearest chance of a goal was a long punt which may have hit a Tranmere arm for a penalty.The hopeless hoofs are pathetic but,have we signed Bill Maynard instead of this free scoring fella Flynny told us we were signing.

Mansfield are shite but I bet that Clough couldn't believe his luck to off load him and save £4k per week wages... Just like with us, he offered them f all.... 2 goals in 20+ games or something like that... 1 in 7 for us....

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I was 16. My first girlfriend had dumped me and I paced up and down my bedroom, smoking Player's number 6 whilst listening endlessly to Leonard Cohen records. Even that was a happier experience than tonight.
Now that is a great post - the only time I have smiled since 7pm.

Thank you Stan.