Re: Can Robbie Willmott still do a job for Newport Next Seas

No

If you take your amber tinted specs off and read the article it says he is happy that he is now playing for Exeter and wants to help them gain promotion.
He says he is happier now he is playing regularly in his favoured position and even though he played wherever MF put him in the side he wasnt happy about it. Would he want to come back and do the same again next season if he can get a contract somewhere else playing where he prefers as a winger,,, somewhere MF obviously doesnt want to use him because it doesnt fit his tactics and formation
He , IMO has obviously been told by MF and the BOD that he would probably not be offered a new contract so he wants to use his time to impress for them or put himself in the shop window for somebody else..
Get a gig somewhere else and play where you want or come back , sit on the bench and come on as sub or play in an un favoured position when called on......HMMMMMM....tough choice.....I dont think so

He wont put on a County shirt again IMO

Firstly yes he can definitely do a job for us next season he's proving that now however I'm not sure that will happen.

Robbie hits the nail on the head because he regularly played out of position for the good of the team and that wasn't MF's fault that was out of necessity.

Robbie was probably one of the most unselfish players to pull on a county shirt in recent seasons and I wish him all the best in his next decision be that with Newport County or elsewhere.

Got plenty of time for Willmott - has been a good servant for the club and evidence shows he will play where asked by Flynn, often to his detriment. Don't think we'll see him in a County shirt again as we should be able to recruit the same / better for next season. Gambin made a similar impact in his first 2 - 3 games for us so would think that Willmott will need to maintain his form for the duration of this season as Exeter. He was initially signed as cover for injured Randall Williams so when he recovers it will be interesting to see whether Willmott will get a game.

There's only one person to blame for the amount of stick Wilmott revieved and that's Flynn. Flynn played him in positions he wasn't happy with, when he had players for those positions being ignored, players he brought to the club. Those ignored players must have been well pleased and their confidence shot. Hope Wilmott does well at Exeter and finds employment for next season, and yes I have critised his performances for us but the responsibilty was Flynns

ajs wrote:There's only one person to blame for the amount of stick Wilmott revieved and that's Flynn. Flynn played him in positions he wasn't happy with, when he had players for those positions being ignored, players he brought to the club. Those ignored players must have been well pleased and their confidence shot. Hope Wilmott does well at Exeter and finds employment for next season, and yes I have critised his performances for us but the responsibilty was Flynns

100%