Re: 3rd round

Not too many non-league sides left to be honest - I know only 20 lower-league or non-league sides actually make round three but I always seem to recall far more getting this far, even though in reality it's probably not the case:

Stockport (NL)
Chorley (NLN)
Marine (Step 4)
Canvey Island (Step 4) or Boreham Wood (NL)

Quite a few L2 sides we could get too:

Stevenage
Tranmere
Crawley
Cheltenham
Morecambe
Mansfield
Exeter
Oldham

excessbee wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Is the £250k divisional bonus happening this season - anyone know?
I think it was a one-off and we got lucky. Didn't hear of one last year.
It was introduced the season we won it in 18/19. Northampton picked up the £250k bonus last season for EFL2.

Perhaps it's looking at things through a child's eyes but I used to be so excited watching the third round draw. It was a simple yet dramatic few minutes.

Nowadays I've turned into a right old curmudgeon and despise all the piffle / talking-up. Instead I just check on the web later on to see who's got who.

faerun exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Is the £250k divisional bonus happening this season - anyone know?
I think it was a one-off and we got lucky. Didn't hear of one last year.
It was introduced the season we won it in 18/19. Northampton picked up the £250k bonus last season for EFL2.
So in theory drawing and beating another League 2 side could be more profitable should the rest fail to progress than a Premiership side on TV that County lose to.

That's a long shot. With nine league two teams still in, there ought to be more than one getting to the fourth round, although it seems Northampton were the only team last season. However, if we were, say, one of three who then lost in round four, it would bring in £83k

ExiledinLondon wrote:Not too many non-league sides left to be honest - I know only 20 lower-league or non-league sides actually make round three but I always seem to recall far more getting this far, even though in reality it's probably not the case:

Stockport (NL)
Chorley (NLN)
Marine (Step 4)
Canvey Island (Step 4) or Boreham Wood (NL)

Quite a few L2 sides we could get too:

Stevenage
Tranmere
Crawley
Cheltenham
Morecambe
Mansfield
Exeter
Oldham
Only 2 non league sides have got through to round 3 in the previous 2 years and none the year before that.

excessbee wrote:That's a long shot. With nine league two teams still in, there ought to be more than one getting to the fourth round, although it seems Northampton were the only team last season. However, if we were, say, one of three who then lost in round four, it would bring in £83k
Yep mate but not sure if the bonus is happening this season tho - can’t find any confirmation online. Maybe another pot of football cash hit by Covid.

pembsexile wrote:Home to Brighton. 11 Jan. No disrespect, but, of all the Premiership teams, they are the least glamorous.
That just shows how far we've come under Mike Flynn that you are disappointed about a home draw against a Premier League side.

With 4 balls left I was fearing a much worse draw.