Re: 3rd round

If Marine win tomorrow, they will surely get TV coverage in Round 3. Be a bit like the BBC hoping Maldon and Tiptree would beat us last season. I suppose another way of attracting the cameras would be a home draw against a big club. Maybe an ex 'big club' like Derby would be an option.

In fairness the tv channels probably lasts hope for an upset .... that’s what theyre filming for !
In fairness with the exception of Lineker (who was gracious), the BBC were buzzing when we beat Leicester. I just want to stay in long enough for when fans can come back (home draw obviously) - even if it’s Wembley in May lol

Well with 44 sides either Premier League or Championship and 20 from the lower leagues then there is a 2:1 chance of getting someone from the top two divisions and with County's recent FA Cup exploits that gives the club a decent chance of Live TV coverage. If it were say Exeter v County then there will be zero TV interest.

So we've got to dream big again. Before they put five goals on Burnley today I was fancying another go at Pep, but I suspect they are getting their act together again.

Sheffield United are looking abject at the moment...

UPTHEPORT wrote:Who do you fancy

A non league side at home for me it would be on TV and good chances of progressing
It shows how far we’ve come in recent years that you can write the second half of that sentence with a straight face. I’m old enough to remember when it might have been met with hysterical laughter on my part. Happy days now for County fans, can’t remember better really except maybe the “double” year when we had some real goal scorers in the team and our own home.
I’d like Flynny’s dream , Liddypool away

Blackandamber wrote:Home to Marine please. They've just knocked out H&W.
I'm with you on that. I reckon there's possibly more to gained from that than a Premier League team. It could lead to TV coverage, winners prize money (hopefully) and then the chance of a big team in the next round.

Canvey Island at home.
This gives us a better chance of progressing and picking up the 3rd round prize money, which will come in handy in these troubled times.
I can’t see much benefit in playing a premiership side if it is behind closed doors.
Therefore no gate money.
Whose to say we would be on TV anyway, just because of previous cup upsets.