Re: Exiles Grandstand FACup Salford

I wouldn’t want anybody to be banned really as long as we all steer clear of personal insults and bullying, I find that distasteful and cruel. Why not debate the argument instead?
Imagine if we were in a relegation scrap, things could get nasty! :lol: :lol: :lol:
What a great season to start fighting with each other eh? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
However feel free if you wish to do it to me as I like the attention and couldn’t give a monkey’s f¥ck. :grin: UTFC - I wonder if the F is for fighting or something else

My opinion FWIW. Couldn’t log into ifollow until 15 minutes into game. Extremely annoying for me as I’m normally in or going to work when we’re playing. However, Salford undoubtedly bossed what I saw of the 1st half without creating anything. Proctor had their 2 CB’s all over him & whoever was supposed to support him clearly wasn’t doing that. The red card allowed MF to bring on Janneh, which suddenly gave more space to Proctor. Robbie actually put in the perfect cross for Proctor & job done. I actually watched the highlights of the Leicester game on Friday night & his cross for Jamma was equally good. He needs to do that more often, because he’s actually a very good winger when he wants to be. I thought Benno was very good 2nd half. A vast improvement on the 1st half. Janneh looks a real handful, but does need to learn to pass. Overall, we made changes, but Wellens made too many & paid the price. Tough titty, we’re in Monday’s draw, Salford aren’t. Happy Days!

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: Last season, I suggested a certain poster take a self-imposed break from commenting on this forum. They didn't agree and continued to spout bile. I'm now of the option that their comments are not conducive to the good etiquette on this forum and I'm now asking the mods to consider banning this poster for a couple of weeks..............

...............And still he wants to moan. You're a disgrace, and I hope you do the decent thing and give this forum a wide berth before you're banned, for everyone's sake incl your own.

Just read that which you have written. If you disagree with what others write, then challenge their views. But please who are you to suggest that others take a 'self-imposed break from commenting'? And as for 'they didn't agree' good. Who are you to sit in judgement of the opinions of others? And as for 'conducive to good etiquette' That has to be one of the most ridiculous comments I have read on this board. It's a football forum for goodness sake.

People have opinions you don't like. I'll let you into a secret, many people hold views I dislike. Tough.

portskewett wrote:So far,this is one of the best seasons we've had, so why all this aggro? We should all be happy and United.
Can I put forward a theory that the "aggro" could be down to not actually being able to attend football for a ridiculously long period.

We seem to go through a similar phase in the summer months between the end of one season and the beginning of the new one.

I-follow helps a little but it feels a bit like when on holiday in Tunisia I went on a trip to the Sahara Desert. It was an incredible experience, the vastness of the desert still leaves me incapable of finding words to describe the vista that encompassed me. Some people took photos, I left my camera in my bag because whatever photos taken would have represented a millionth of what my eyes took in.

You just don't get to see the whole matchday experience on I-follow...

wattsville_boy wrote:
portskewett wrote:So far,this is one of the best seasons we've had, so why all this aggro? We should all be happy and United.
Can I put forward a theory that the "aggro" could be down to not actually being able to attend football for a ridiculously long period.

We seem to go through a similar phase in the summer months between the end of one season and the beginning of the new one.

I-follow helps a little but it feels a bit like when on holiday in Tunisia I went on a trip to the Sahara Desert. It was an incredible experience, the vastness of the desert still leaves me incapable of finding words to describe the vista that encompassed me. Some people took photos, I left my camera in my bag because whatever photos taken would have represented a millionth of what my eyes took in.

Sensible post, well done. I agree with the sentiment behind what you are saying. We are all missing the footie, that is one thing we can agree on.

However, the 'aggro' you mention seems to me to be coming one way. A poster has views that quite a lot of people disagree with. Tuff titty. Other posters seem to think it is great to wind him up, then other people join in and it gets out of control. Bloody daft in my opinion.

This morning, unless I have read the post wrongly, we now have another poster who wants this person banned or even to tak a voluntary break for allegedly spouting 'bile' and 'moaning' when we are top of the league and in the third round of the cup. You cannot make this stuff up. How ridiculous that post was. It is a football forum ffs.

I don't necessarily agree with the posters views and have told him so. I have yet to see him start a tirade of insults against anyone on this mb. He does respond and defend himself. What he does do is give his opinion on what he thinks of players on the day. Shock, horror, breaking news, passionate football fan gives honest account of the performance of players of the team he loves in a particular match. This seems to rile people.

The County are having one of our best seasons ever. Well, apart from 79', 80' etc. Top of the league in early December, in the third round of the FA Cup. Fans have differing views and say so. Long may it continue. Cmon the County :grin: :grin:

Any manager that brings in x4 development players for a cup game and then loses 3-0 needs to take the flack that is coming his way. His decision, he has to live with it.

I think he has made a statement. That is, like MF, his priority is the league. It seems on the evidence we saw yesterday, MF has the squad to go for both the league and a cup run, he doesn't. Ah well, so sad eh, tee, hee :cheers: I think Salford need to recognise that they are not yet the club that they think they are. With their money, they may be in a few years, but not yet.

Wellens let the Salford fans down badly but he's too arrogant to admit to it. Hopefully, come the end of the season, they miss out on promotion too. The salary cap, when it loses the inequality of previous contracts, will keep Salford on a far more level playing field. Much better than them getting the boost of the extra allowance of League One.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Fu Ming wrote:I too am getting fed up of some of this constant bickering between certain individuals.
No doubt someone will tell me that I don’t have to read it.
Whilst it’s ok to have opinions about the club, players and team this sort of petty internecine behaviour is not beneficial to anyone.
We are top of the league, had a good run in the league cup and still in The FA Cup.
Well done MF, players and club.
I agree with your comments Mr Ming, all 3 sets of them. Last season, I suggested a certain poster take a self-imposed break from commenting on this forum. They didn't agree and continued to spout bile. I'm now of the option that their comments are not conducive to the good etiquette on this forum and I'm now asking the mods to consider banning this poster for a couple of weeks.

We're top of the league, have s squad with more strength in depth than we've seen for years, in the next round of the cup, defying all pre-season predictions (incl my own) and playing the best football we've seen in literally years. And still he wants to moan. You're a disgrace, and I hope you do the decent thing and give this forum a wide berth before you're banned, for everyone's sake incl your own.
Its not rocket science to note these comments are relating to myself.
I truly despair reading what you have written here.
So I am a disgrace and spout bile.
The boys are top of the league having a great season but if I state somebody in my opinion is having a poor game or the lads are not playing well as per yesterdays first half performance I am giving ageist truly insulting comments albeit when I try to defend myself again the Usual suspects come back with more even worse insults.
Banned? for what giving opinions regardless that you agree or disagree.
Shame on you for posting this thread.

With respect to the Salford manager how often in the last fifty years has a manager of any club, including Salford, Newport County or anyone else said. "They are a better side than us. My instructions were to kill the game, go down at the slightest touch, moan about every decision and hope we get a result. Unfortunately our plan failed because the referee quite rightly gave them a penalty and had no choice but to send off Clogger O'Toole. I won't be fining Clogger for the foul, no I'll be fining Clogger for getting seen doing it".

People who don't get that should be banned from this board. :cheers:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote: Last season, I suggested a certain poster take a self-imposed break from commenting on this forum. They didn't agree and continued to spout bile. I'm now of the option that their comments are not conducive to the good etiquette on this forum and I'm now asking the mods to consider banning this poster for a couple of weeks..............

...............And still he wants to moan. You're a disgrace, and I hope you do the decent thing and give this forum a wide berth before you're banned, for everyone's sake incl your own.

Just read that which you have written. If you disagree with what others write, then challenge their views. But please who are you to suggest that others take a 'self-imposed break from commenting'? And as for 'they didn't agree' good. Who are you to sit in judgement of the opinions of others? And as for 'conducive to good etiquette' That has to be one of the most ridiculous comments I have read on this board. It's a football forum for goodness sake.

People have opinions you don't like. I'll let you into a secret, many people hold views I dislike. Tough.
Good morning Stan.
Just logged in and truly amazed at the comments from this contributor.
Lets hope he sits himself down and has a serious think of what he has written.
As you know the continual barrage of insults from thankfully just a few on here.
We all know who, does make me think why bother to comment as do I need the flack and personal insults, ageist or not because I have a view.
To repeat we are having a great season, I got it wrong before we kicked off but still the insults rain in.
Quite upset at this fellas thread wanting me banned for "bile and moaning"
Please can he let me know what "bile" I have written on here that warrants a ban.
Very sad indeed.

pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

Sensible post, well done. I agree with the sentiment behind what you are saying. We are all missing the footie, that is one thing we can agree on.

However, the 'aggro' you mention seems to me to be coming one way. A poster has views that quite a lot of people disagree with. Tuff titty. Other posters seem to think it is great to wind him up, then other people join in and it gets out of control. Bloody daft in my opinion.

This morning, unless I have read the post wrongly, we now have another poster who wants this person banned or even to tak a voluntary break for allegedly spouting 'bile' and 'moaning' when we are top of the league and in the third round of the cup. You cannot make this stuff up. How ridiculous that post was. It is a football forum ffs.

I don't necessarily agree with the posters views and have told him so. I have yet to see him start a tirade of insults against anyone on this mb. He does respond and defend himself. What he does do is give his opinion on what he thinks of players on the day. Shock, horror, breaking news, passionate football fan gives honest account of the performance of players of the team he loves in a particular match. This seems to rile people.

The County are having one of our best seasons ever. Well, apart from 79', 80' etc. Top of the league in early December, in the third round of the FA Cup. Fans have differing views and say so. Long may it continue. Cmon the County :grin: :grin:
Good morning Mike.
I really hope everybody reads your post and it sinks in mate as every word you write is spot on.
So I should be banned for defending myself.
Positive that I have never once started a tirade of insults at anybody on here but alas the opposite is not true.
Again this poster and those who continue to send me ageist personal insults needs to look at themselves in the mirror this morning.
Your post has genuinely cheered me up.
Pals tell me why do I bother coming on here when I get grief off a few regulars for giving a player 5 when they think he should have a 7.
Yesterday we were poor in the first half and numerous contributors stated the same but its to easy a bullying option to just pick myself out for further grief and others comments are bye passed.
Have foed one persistent insulter, hopefully no more action is needed by myself.
Been told just ignore the insults.
Great idea but when it gets personal that's very hard to do.
A shameful post to get up to but hey ho.
UTC

£15fornonleague?! wrote:Imagine missing the first 20 minutes of a game of a team you support and then comment within 5 minutes how dire and awful we are.
Not the best game on a poor pitch but we come away with the win.
I think not playing in front of fans is helping us as a team at them moment
Bring on the 4th round.
Good morning.
Please get your facts correct.
After 15 minutes not 5 I put my first post on.
Please see earlier posts to mine from Dave John, John D, Black and Amber.
Also posts in the first half from Flat 4 and G Guest.
again all ignored apart from mine.
Many thanks.