Re: Fans could be back at games in England by Christmas

At the recent northern ireland games where a limited number of fans were allowed they had to pass through a tunnel where they were fine sprayed with disinfectant the tunnel was fitted out with infra red lighting to kill any trace of the virus, at the end of the tunnel they had their tempreture taken any one who was high temp were not allowed through the turnstiles, there was hand sanitizer at the turnstiles and at numerous places inside the ground when inside they adheard to social distance rules and wore masks, simple and effective.

Also there was no food and drink sold at the ground.

JonD wrote:Port Vale's owner spoke on the "4000 fan limit" last night. Bear in mind she's a bit different to most club chairs, so her view might not be representative of many.

She felt that catering for 4000 would cost the club more money than it would bring in (Vale Park is a big old ground of course).

But she'd do it because in her opinion it's the right thing to do.
Port Vale averaged home crowds of 4,800 last season so I wonder what their break even figure would be.

NearlyDead wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Wonder if the Welsh Govt would allow it - especially with the testing centre still at RP (I hear it may be turning into a vaccination centre)?
Newport, as of 2 or 3 days ago, would I think be in the equivalent of England's tier 2 at a little over 200 cases per 100,000.
Which would indicate a maximum 2000 crowd. Not a problem there. The introduction of a half season to kick in at some point in January might work quite well to boost the numbers. I can't see any likelihood of having casual sales in the week prior to a home game.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:By letting in ST holders only the club will loose out seriously on finances.
All funds have already been banked so all you have is extra costs and zero revenue.
It wont happen anyway.
I think that decision will be out of the hands of the club. If season tickets have been sold and EFL /government allows attendance, I can't see a club saying 'you are now allowed to attend but we aren't opening the ground'. By allocating a seat, not necessarily your regular one, there is a record of who is in the ground, with a track and trace option if necessary. If that is expanded with the sale of half season tickets then so be it. Casual sales would introduce a grey area of in whose hand a ticket actually ends up. Anyone not buying a season ticket when available gets a second chance with half seasons more likely to give a product (live football) for your money.

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:By letting in ST holders only the club will loose out seriously on finances.
All funds have already been banked so all you have is extra costs and zero revenue.
It wont happen anyway.
I think that decision will be out of the hands of the club. If season tickets have been sold and EFL /government allows attendance, I can't see a club saying 'you are now allowed to attend but we aren't opening the ground'. By allocating a seat, not necessarily your regular one, there is a record of who is in the ground, with a track and trace option if necessary. If that is expanded with the sale of half season tickets then so be it. Casual sales would introduce a grey area of in whose hand a ticket actually ends up. Anyone not buying a season ticket when available gets a second chance with half seasons more likely to give a product (live football) for your money.
I agree .... I’ve paid for my ST and if allowed I will be attending ... I fully expect the club to put the necessary protocols in place to keep me safe and well.

The Argus report says "The site is currently being used as a coronavirus testing centre but that would not impact the ability to play in front of fans, with those that normally enter from the northern end of the ground being able to come in through southern entrances."

So definitely no away support while the marquee is needed for covid stuff, and it looks an ideal site for mass vaccinations.