Newport County Quiz

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Sapra

Newport County Quiz

Postby Sapra » August 1st, 2020, 7:27 pm

Let's all take this Quiz and post our scores. Link - https://footballleaguefc.com/the-ultimate-newport-county-quiz/
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Newport County Quiz

Postby pembsexile » August 1st, 2020, 8:05 pm

Oh dear, only 14/17 for me. Got our Academy, Supporters Player of year and final position wrong.
User

Mr Figo

Postby Mr Figo » August 1st, 2020, 9:35 pm

Same here - picked Sheehan instead of Bennett for POTY and went for Nathan instead of Len Weare, 14th instead of 15th - back of the class!
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » August 1st, 2020, 10:08 pm

Mr Figo wrote:Same here - picked Sheehan instead of Bennett for POTY and went for Nathan instead of Len Weare, 14th instead of 15th - back of the class!

SPOILER ALERT!!! Too late.
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » August 1st, 2020, 10:39 pm

Just 10/17 for me. I clearly got different questions to you guys - I knew the academy player of the year seeing as I introduced him to and coached him for County, yet that question never came up.
no avatar
User

Dogger

Sunny Spain

Postby Dogger » August 2nd, 2020, 1:23 am

15/17 for me. Feel a little hard done by as the Cardiff City derby has never been referred to as a Severnside derby. Had a feeling I was wrong as soon as I selected Cardiff tho. Same as everyone else, picked Josh instead of Benno.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » August 2nd, 2020, 10:14 am

16/17 I miss read the seven side Derby one :evil:
no avatar
User

Bristolexile

Postby Bristolexile » August 2nd, 2020, 3:02 pm

15/17 so not too bad
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » August 2nd, 2020, 3:17 pm

The ultimate Newport County quiz? Nothing about the 40's game v Portsmouth. The pre WW2 promotion to Division 2. The 1977 great escape. The games v West Ham and Sheffield Wednesday in the 1960's and '70's.

Thankfully a picture of Mr Chairman with the FA Cup made the cut. Vanity thy name is Gavin.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Postby Alan G Bryant » August 2nd, 2020, 5:42 pm

Fascinating though that someone can be so passionate about gambling being detrimental to ones mental health but so oblivious to the fact that online bullying can result in equally catastrophic consequences.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » August 2nd, 2020, 6:17 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:Fascinating though that someone can be so passionate about gambling being detrimental to ones mental health but so oblivious to the fact that online bullying can result in equally catastrophic consequences.

Touchy today aren't we? :grin:
User

Kevinmoorefellover

Postby Kevinmoorefellover » August 2nd, 2020, 6:55 pm

16/17 - I Went for Sheehan instead of Bennett.

If there had been a question about Trevor Thompson’s goal against Scunthorpe or the 1978-79 pre-season Open Day at Somerton Park I would have done better.
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Postby daftasfxxx » August 2nd, 2020, 7:57 pm

Pretty poor quiz but all right
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » August 3rd, 2020, 7:07 am

daftasfxxx wrote:Pretty poor quiz but all right

Well, I was going to be kind, because I thought it maybe just a young lad trying out his IT skills. However, having just seen there is an 'Ultimate Stevenage FC quiz', I'm no longer thinking along those lines. It's a terrible quiz, compiled by someone with no interest in Newport and was a waste of my time. No doubt there are others popping up where the compiler can scrape together a selection of similar trivial multiple choice answers*. In fact probably the same selection will keep on reappearing. Is this what qualifies for the 'job description' of influencer?

* Never manager of Stevenage...... guess what... the answer is Gareth Ainsworth.