Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Stan A. Einstein wrote:But as the trusts finances are pretty much unknown, as there has not been a newsletter for many months, it is clear that the trust are not transparent.
This bit isn't quite correct. I had a newsletter in April. They're every quarter now - we were told that one of the open meetings last year - so I guess there's another one due this month. Number of members and annual contributions have been given at every open meeting I've been to over the last couple of years, and I don't think I've missed any (though at my age I stand to be corrected on that one!) :lol:
I think at the last meeting in January it was said there were 1k+ members contributing £105k a year compared to £30k a year under the old membership scheme.

Willthiswork wrote:Sligo Rovers average attendance is 2000 (3000 in 2012). We do better than that - how have they advertised their 'begging bowl'? Is it all via the internet?
Yes it is. However Newport is six times bigger than Sligo. To be doing better County would need to play in front of crowds in excess of 12,000.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on July 3rd, 2020, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I wouldn't know if it is easy or not to be a smart arse, I'll take your word for it that it is difficult.
Leaving aside for the moment your post above where you clarify let me ask you this.

£5,000 is anonymously donated to Newport County. Clearly it was not donated by a company seeking to advertise. It may have come from some meritorious individual, and if it did, as I said I would be happy to be corrected.

So you now say that what you meant was that if the trust had donated it anonymously you would be out. On the basis that it would not be transparent. Which if you knew how much the trust did raise, and on what that money was spent, would make sense. But as the trusts finances are pretty much unknown, as there has not been a newsletter for many months, it is clear that the trust are not transparent. As you have not left the trust I'm afraid caught out in another fib.

The relationship the club has built with me is okay. Your words. I would read that as satisfied. Not without room for improvement, but most of us would be satisfied with okay. Trying to worm out using semantics, very weak. Again I wonder why you didn't correct UTP who believes that you have a great relationship with the club. UTP said I also have a great relationship with the club.

You say you make no judgement on my 'deliberately deleting' your words. Which begs the question why mention it?

Now in addition to that in a number of your posts you make comments on my mental health. Obsessive, beyond help etc. How do you believe this advances reasonable debate?

And one final question, if you don't think it likely the £5,000 came from the trust, who do you think paid it in?
I have no idea who donated the £5,000, that is the idea of anonymous.

Now where is your proof that it was the Trust?
Paul,

The trust money goes to the club. How that money is spent, for example how much of that money is used to pay off monies lost at Employment Tribunals is a mystery. So don't get why you haven't gotten out.

Proof? For the final time the facts as I see them lead me to believe that the £5,000 came from the trust. I don't see who else it would have been. However I stated I could be wrong. If I had proof I would not say that I could be wrong. You really are a bore.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on July 3rd, 2020, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jonesy3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:But as the trusts finances are pretty much unknown, as there has not been a newsletter for many months, it is clear that the trust are not transparent.
This bit isn't quite correct. I had a newsletter in April. They're every quarter now - we were told that one of the open meetings last year - so I guess there's another one due this month. Number of members and annual contributions have been given at every open meeting I've been to over the last couple of years, and I don't think I've missed any (though at my age I stand to be corrected on that one!) :lol:
I think at the last meeting in January it was said there were 1k+ members contributing £105k a year compared to £30k a year under the old membership scheme.
So how is the £105,000 spent? If it is given to Newport County, and I can't think of what else it is used for, how much have Newport County spent on awards to ex employees who have won compensation from the club?

And if you can't answer that, the finances are a mystery.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: Paul,

The trust money goes to the club. How that money is spent, for example how much of that money is used to pay off monies lost at Employment Tribunals is a mystery. So don't get why you haven't gotten out.

Proof? For the final time the facts as I see them lead me to believe that the £5,000 came from the trust. I don't see who else it would have been. However I stated I could be wrong. If I had proof I would not say that I could be wrong. You really are a bore.
Because what you say is not true and although it has been explained to you at length before, still you persist with these falsehoods.Bizarre. The Trust have told us how the money is spent and what they say makes perfect sense being the most logical use for money donated to the club. It really does make you look silly when you persist with these fantasies and then base your argument on them.

So basically you just made it up in a vane attempt to bolster a pathetically weak argument. For all we know it could have been you who donated the money, can you prove that you didn't?

I'm not sure that the Trust - if they did - should give any money to the Shirt Fund at the moment.

Maybe if the target is a little short they could make it up, but let other people/organisations make the initial donations.

For me, the Trust, Supporters Club, Subscription Draw etc... shouldn't be an easy option for the club in relation to sponsorship deals, shirt or match/match ball fixtures as they would give the club the money anyway.

Amberexile wrote:

Because what you say is not true and although it has been explained to you at length before, still you persist with these falsehoods.Bizarre. The Trust have told us how the money is spent and what they say makes perfect sense being the most logical use for money donated to the club. It really does make you look silly when you persist with these fantasies and then base your argument on them.

So basically you just made it up in a vane attempt to bolster a pathetically weak argument. For all we know it could have been you who donated the money, can you prove that you didn't?[/qmoneya

No Paul, I state an opinion based on the knowledge that I have. An opinion by it's nature ceases to be an opinion when it is proved.

Absolutely you can hold the opinion that I may have donated the money. And if you are not happy to be corrected when I assure you that I did not then that's your problem.

So let me take you through my logic.

£5,000 is a very substantial sum of money. I think in unlikely, but far from impossible that it was donated by an individual.

If that assumption is correct, and as I say it may not be, then it was donated by an organization.

Now if that organization was a trading company I think it very unlikely that they would not want to advertise the fact.

So if it is an organization that has donated the money, the question then becomes, which organisation has £5,000, isn't a trading company, and would wish to give £5,000 to Newport County AFC?

Now I don't have a problem with stating that I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong. I don't have a problem with accepting that even without correction my view could be wrong.

So tell me Paul, why do you have such a problem with accepting that I might be right?

$50. The maximum anonymous donation you are allowed to make to a political party in the USA.

€2,500. Ditto Ireland.

£1,500, Ditto local political party UK.

You are allowed to donate £7,500 anonymously to the national party.

So does a £5,000 anonymous donation seem a little odd?

Now let's be honest, if this money has come from the trust that's fine. Disguising that fact, IF IT WERE A FACT, would just be silly.

Why the Sheffield steamer gets quite so apoplectic about this is anyone's guess.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

So basically you just made it up in a vane attempt to bolster a pathetically weak argument. For all we know it could have been you who donated the money, can you prove that you didn't?[/qmoneya

No Paul, I state an opinion based on the knowledge that I have. An opinion by it's nature ceases to be an opinion when it is proved.

Absolutely you can hold the opinion that I may have donated the money. And if you are not happy to be corrected when I assure you that I did not then that's your problem.

£5,000 is a very substantial sum of money. I think in unlikely, but far from impossible that it was donated by an individual.

If that assumption is correct, and as I say it may not be, then it was donated by an organization.

Now if that organization was a trading company I think it very unlikely that they would not want to advertise the fact.

So if it is an organization that has donated the money, the question then becomes, which organisation has £5,000, isn't a trading company, and would wish to give £5,000 to Newport County AFC?

Now I don't have a problem with stating that I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong. I don't have a problem with accepting that even without correction my view could be wrong.

So tell me Paul, why do you have such a problem with accepting that I might be right?
I've understood your logic that you used to make this up from the outset, it isn't difficult. What I am interested in is whether or not there is any truth in it. It seems I'll have to look elsewhere for an answer to that one since you can't help.
It is good to see that you have stopped contesting how the Trust money is used by the club, I somehow doubt that will last.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

I've understood your logic that you used to make this up from the outset, it isn't difficult. What I am interested in is whether or not there is any truth in it. It seems I'll have to look elsewhere for an answer to that one since you can't help.
It is good to see that you have stopped contesting how the Trust money is used by the club, I somehow doubt that will last.

Paul,

The trust and the club are the same thing. I know that being a pedant that the concept of controlling interest seems to be beyond you.

Now if the trust and/or club were open and transparent we would know how much has been awarded in compensation against Newport County by employment tribunals. But we don't do we?

By the way, your rather pathetic habit of stating that which I think boorish in the extreme. Also your inability to answer questions. So for the fourth time.

You see the logic of my argument. I accept entirely that you disagree. What I fail to understand is why you persist in asking for proof. If I had stated as fact that the trust had advanced the £5,000 that would be a legitimate question. But to ask for proof of what is clearly an opinion is absurd. To ask three times is to invite ridicule.

Why do you do it?

Willthiswork wrote:I'm not sure that the Trust - if they did - should give any money to the Shirt Fund at the momen.

I agree. And like you I understand the meaning of the word if. An important word to understand as we would all be precluded from voicing an opinion without it. Although I would develop that as all the trust money should go to the club, they are for all practical purposes the same thing, the only purpose of this action, IF it took place would be to kick start the fundraising.

By the way Sligo Rovers set out on Tuesday afternoon to raise €50,000. When I last checked in less than 72 hours later the fund stood at €50,672. I believe Newport every bit as good as Sligo. If they can do it I believe it has to be a legitimate question to ask why can't we?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Its most odd at our level for anybody to give £5K as an anonymous donation but if its the Trust (no idea) that becomes highly improper and 100% accountable to us owners (pause for laughter).
Hi Mate,

Actually have to disagree here. Clearly trust monies go to Newport County. If what I suspect to be the case is true, the next question has to be why would they do it?

And the logic would be that it gives the fund raising momentum. Kick starts it if you like. Now IF, (in capitals for the sake of anyone not conversant with the meaning of said conjunction introducing a conditional clause) IF that is what happened I don't think it highly improper. I don't actually think it improper at all.....

Just very silly.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Paul,

The trust and the club are the same thing. I know that being a pedant that the concept of controlling interest seems to be beyond you.

Now if the trust and/or club were open and transparent we would know how much has been awarded in compensation against Newport County by employment tribunals. But we don't do we?

By the way, your rather pathetic habit of stating that which I think boorish in the extreme. Also your inability to answer questions. So for the fourth time.

You see the logic of my argument. I accept entirely that you disagree. What I fail to understand is why you persist in asking for proof. If I had stated as fact that the trust had advanced the £5,000 that would be a legitimate question. But to ask for proof of what is clearly an opinion is absurd. To ask three times is to invite ridicule.

Why do you do it?
You need squirm no more, I went elsewhere and got some info straightened out.

Now I suspect that you know that what you say about the Trust and the Club is simply not true, but no surprise there hey. You know that the Trust and the Club are not the same thing which of course can be and is used to our advantage in dealings with the EFL.

If the Trust and the Club are the same thing then why not merge them some might ask. Seems to simplify things don't you think.

However, it is the way the distinction between the two can be used to our advantage that determines that the Trust donates money to the playing budget and the way in which the Club reports that money to the EFL.

It really isn't a difficult concept to grasp. I could provide diagrams if you are struggling to comprehend again.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Paul,

Why do you do it?
You need squirm no more, I went elsewhere and got some info straightened out.

Now I suspect that you know that what you say about the Trust and the Club is simply not true, but no surprise there hey. You know that the Trust and the Club are not the same thing which of course can be and is used to our advantage in dealings with the EFL.

If the Trust and the Club are the same thing then why not merge them some might ask. Seems to simplify things don't you think.

However, it is the way the distinction between the two can be used to our advantage that determines that the Trust donates money to the playing budget and the way in which the Club reports that money to the EFL.

It really isn't a difficult concept to grasp. I could provide diagrams if you are struggling to comprehend agaexplanation

Again Paul a nonsensical post.

Firstly read above. You say that you have no idea where the £5,000 came from. However you also claim that my belief that it is the most likely explanation is that it came from the trust is a falsehood. Which begs the question how do you know?

Further, you keep using pejorative language. Having made insinuations as regards my mental health you use words like squirm. Again how do you think this advances the debate?

You will notice above Willthiswork's post. He understands the conjunctive use of the word if when introducing a conditional clause. I suspect that everyone reading this thread will understand that concept. Whenever I disagree with a stated opinion I say I disagree. I endeavour to say why I disagree. My disagreeing with someone does not make them wrong, or me right. That is a concept I think that you need to work on.