Furlough

As a happily retired ex worker my knowledge of furlough is limited. But as I understand it you are paid not to work and you cannot be asked to work by your employer or offer to work for them during the period of furlough. So who is making the decision to release players eg Dom Jefferies.
Surely if Flynny is having any input into that decision either he or the club are breaking the furlough rules. I'm happy to be corrected if I have the wrong end if the stick.

Re: Furlough

I’ve been furloughed since mid March and I’m still speaking to my bosses on a weekly basis. I’m not conducting work but have discussed work with them so I think Flynn would be within any rules should the Board ask if he wanted to keep such and such a player etc ..

Exile 1976 wrote:I’ve been furloughed since mid March and I’m still speaking to my bosses on a weekly basis. I’m not conducting work but have discussed work with them so I think Flynn would be within any rules should the Board ask if he wanted to keep such and such a player etc ..
I understand that but giving advice to his employer about such and such a player is something he would be doing in the normal course of his employment. It's being pedantic but I am trying to understand the legal position.

My guess is that a scholarship contract is exactly that - Dom studied at sixth form or college while training with County a few times a week. Probably wasn't paid any wage so couldn't be furloughed . He's now finished at college and County don't want or are unable to offer him a pro deal.

At least this way, Don can get a job and possibly pick up a few quid playing non-league somewhere. I wish him all the best.

allontheamber wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I’ve been furloughed since mid March and I’m still speaking to my bosses on a weekly basis. I’m not conducting work but have discussed work with them so I think Flynn would be within any rules should the Board ask if he wanted to keep such and such a player etc ..
I understand that but giving advice to his employer about such and such a player is something he would be doing in the normal course of his employment. It's being pedantic but I am trying to understand the legal position.
A mate of mine is furloughed but giving advice to his employer about preparations for a return to work.