Crowdfunding

Anyone had any experience with crowdfunding I'm just thinking as fans if the lease talks go wrong we need to act fast.

So few questions can we return everyone's money if we get a new lease in place

What are the fees involved

And how safe are they and are they protected like bank and building society savings

I'm prepared to start a fund but would need advice

And if the WRU know we have a plan B in place then it must strengthen our hand

Re: Crowdfunding

We raised 236k to buy the club. We wouldn't get anywhere close to buying a stadium.

The only way we're doing this is with sizeable investment *coughhybridmodelcough* or council initiative ala Rotherham:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-13710648
Rotherham Council said that the stadium was "key to the regeneration" of the town.

Labour leader of the council Roger Stone said the stadium would leave a "positive legacy" on the town.
I have zero faith in our Labour representation to deliver anything of the kind.

Jack - Admin wrote:We raised 236k to buy the club. We wouldn't get anywhere close to buying a stadium.

The only way we're doing this is with sizeable investment *coughhybridmodelcough* or council initiative ala Rotherham:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-13710648
Rotherham Council said that the stadium was "key to the regeneration" of the town.

Labour leader of the council Roger Stone said the stadium would leave a "positive legacy" on the town.
I have zero faith in our Labour representation to deliver anything of the kind.
Personally I have zero faith in any political party's council representation to deliver anything of the kind.
And where is this mythical *coughhybridmodelcough* going to magically appear from?

Gianluca Vialli runs a company called Tifosy, they have essentially used crowd funding to raise money for lots of teams notably helping to raise £5M for Norwich's new training ground https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 06131.html

They also were involved with Stevenage in 2017, raising £600k in six weeks to build a new north stand. I did a 1912 Exiles Podcast on it last year and Tifo Football had a great video explaining it too.

I think this is a great post, the links showing how it can be used to re-generate a town whilst also allowing 2/3 sports teams to utilise it is the way to think. We musn't act alone but unite with NRFC and between both sets of fans and then a kicked up the bum council we could have a chance.
I reckon the WRU will keep the cabbage patch as that's where the dough is, so that means 'we' , the fans, the club, the rugby and the council we COULD buy the ground.
I know the council are rubbish as they let be sold for a song in the first place but a £3 mill crowd fund between the two sets of fans is not out of imagination.

The NCFC Hippy wrote:I think this is a great post, the links showing how it can be used to re-generate a town whilst also allowing 2/3 sports teams to utilise it is the way to think. We musn't act alone but unite with NRFC and between both sets of fans and then a kicked up the bum council we could have a chance.
I reckon the WRU will keep the cabbage patch as that's where the dough is, so that means 'we' , the fans, the club, the rugby and the council we COULD buy the ground.
I know the council are rubbish as they let be sold for a song in the first place but a £3 mill crowd fund between the two sets of fans is not out of imagination.
Absolutely.

I know it, you know it, everyone with a working brain knows it. I only hope that the naysayers who for too long have done our town down have the good grace to shut the f@ck up.

GO NEWPORT!