Re: Dragons purchase of RP

rdh2210 wrote:https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... y-17731256

What do people think of this? Mr Buttress mentions the desire for Newport Rugby to remain at RP but no mention of the County.... Will it be a good thing or bad thing for the County if RP is sold to the dragons?
I don't know.

However we do know that the father of Mr Buttess posts regularly on this board. We do know via his dad that Mr Buttress is more than happy to speak to County supporters. Perhaps Gavin and the boys might extend an speaking invitation. And then we could ask him.

It really is that simple.

Exile 1976 wrote:He doesn’t mention Newport County by name because he wasn’t asked I guess BUT he does say he’s trying to make things work for three teams.
Good point! Do you think it would be better for the County to be working with the Dragons or the WRU???? Personally I think it could be good news as I don't think the Dragons would be able to afford to run RP without us? I may be wrong though!

Newport County are rarely, if ever, mentioned by name. However, reading between the lines it appears they may need as many income streams as possible. Now, I don't know exactly how much value, if any, NCAFC bring to the table. What I think would be great is if we could make ourselves as indispensable as possible, and even, be in on the ground floor at the outset and be named on that 100 year lease.....could it be done?...how much would it cost? I don't know, but it needs to be investigated.
To an extent, he seemed quite happy to let rugby fans have some specifics of the deal, certainly more meat on the bone than WE are ever used to.

So the WRU retain ownership of the whole site. The Dragons have a 100 year lease of the stadium including the pitch. The WRU retain and develop the "cabbage patch" and old clubhouse (profit being shared with all 4 rugby regions). NRFC get to stay with increased match day costs but less than the £2,500 figure. But who do County negotiate with to stay at RP, the Dragons or the WRU? Much to be sorted in my opinion.