Re: Question for refs

Yes, that was an interesting incident. Watching from the other side of the pitch I assumed one of three things had happened -

The throw-in should have been Walsall's all along, Leadbitter quickly took it before the ref corrected him. This seems like the most likely scenario. Or

Leadbitter committed a foul throw (feet in front of the line, ball not behind head etc) so he gave the throw to Walsall, very unlikely at pro level. Or

Ref penalised Leadbitter for taking too long over the throw and awarded it to Walsall. Huxtable was certainly officious throughout the game RE throw-ins being taken from the right place, the Walsall GK wasting time with goalkicks from his hands. So this is possible however he should've also cautioned Leadbitter if this was the case.

My money's on the first scenario.

It was right in front of me. The ref quite clearly told Leadbitter to go back, he didn't do so enough for the ref, who then quite clearly said, "in your own half". Dan went about two feet into our half then ran two yards into the Walsall half to the throw it. Perfectly correct decision and good communication to the player. As Brian Moore would say on rugby commentary "that was just dull" by Leadbitter.

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:How the league let him ref is unbelievable.
Just a big fat lump who cannot keep up with play.
So many incidents during the night missed from both sides.
Handballs etc
We certainly got the rub of the green with his decisions, especially in the first half.
Had to chuckle at some of our fouls he didn't notice being 30 yards behind play all the time. :lol: