Re: The Rodney Parade Pitch

Your subscription for pitchcare.com has finally paid off!

I wholeheartedly agree with- "One of the big gripes for me nowadays involves social media. I have staff who work a ridiculous number of hours every weekend, only to have derogatory comments made towards them, which are sometimes very personal, almost always ill-informed and can be very hurtful.

I am sure they are doing everything they can with the tools they have and the situation they find themselves in.

Papski wrote:Your subscription for pitchcare.com has finally paid off!

I wholeheartedly agree with- "One of the big gripes for me nowadays involves social media. I have staff who work a ridiculous number of hours every weekend, only to have derogatory comments made towards them, which are sometimes very personal, almost always ill-informed and can be very hurtful.

I am sure they are doing everything they can with the tools they have and the situation they find themselves in.
I haven't seen personal or derogatory comments made towards his staff on this board. Things like asshole and charlatan. Tell me have you?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:I haven't seen personal or derogatory comments made towards his staff on this board. Things like asshole and charlatan. Tell me have you?
Just because i'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

Show me where I said this board had said any of that?

Papski wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I haven't seen personal or derogatory comments made towards his staff on this board. Things like asshole and charlatan. Tell me have you?
Just because i'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

Show me where I said this board had said any of that?
Two points.

The comedian Darragh O'Brien tells the story of of a newspaper article he wrote. He used the term 'it spread like birdflu'.' His editor changed it to it spread like wildfire.

Why did you change it? Asked O'Brien. Because it was offensive, came the reply. People have died of birdflu'.

O'Brien's response was that far more people had died of wildfire.

His point clearly was that some people wish to be offended. A joke about paranoia is to poke fun at mental illness. As a person who in my youth suffered from mental illness I could pretend to be offended, but it is impossible to go through life without saying things which will doubtless offend some. So on that score we can agree.

I can't show you where on this board you called me an asshole or charaton. Xisle did that. Not you. I don't think it's paranoia on your part. Although I do think you are a tad insecure. Possibility a bit full of yourself. Perhaps unable to comprehend nuance.

You will fit in well on here.

Show me where I said this board had said anything personal or derogatory towards his staff.

No. I get pure ramblings. Where did Dara O'Brien come from? Does he not like our pitch?
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Although I do think you are a tad insecure. Possibility a bit full of yourself. Perhaps unable to comprehend nuance.
Irony is wasted on the stupid.

Show me where I said this board had said anything personal or derogatory towards his staff. Play the ball kid.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:An interesting article based on an interview with Mark Jones provides an interesting and informative read. The main point I picked up is that the Desso pitch at RP only has an expected 3 year life!

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/tr ... -mark.html
They all have a 3 year life span don't they
I have no idea, all I do know is that we are paying our contribution over 5 years. It’s potentially like having 2 years left on HP for a car that has been scrapped.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:An interesting article based on an interview with Mark Jones provides an interesting and informative read. The main point I picked up is that the Desso pitch at RP only has an expected 3 year life!

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/tr ... -mark.html
They all have a 3 year life span don't they
I have no idea, all I do know is that we are paying our contribution over 5 years. It’s potentially like having 2 years left on HP for a car that has been scrapped.
I suspect it's more akin to still paying full whack for an old banger. Looking at the photo in the Argus it looks in good nic.

In the article, he does make a good point about my suggestion of spending some of the FA Cup money on lighting rigs -

This prompted me to ask if he had considered lighting rigs to help with the shade issues. "I don't think there is the budget for lights. I'm always envious as pretty much every ground you see these days on social media has them, and I see people still cutting in January - even taking boxes of grass off their pitches. Honestly though, if we had them, I feel by the time we got them out we would be taking them off again because the next fixture would be coming."

If there isn't time for the lights to do their work I think we really are screwed for a decent playing surface in the second half of season until the EFL approve plastic pitches.