Current affairs ie Politics etc

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Re: Current affairs ie Politics etc

Postby Willthiswork » June 24th, 2018, 8:48 pm

big baz wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:After many years of budget cuts and underspending the MOD reluctantly decides it is time to introduce a 4 day working week across the Armed Forces.

They duly send out a communication to all three services highlighting the plans to move to a four day working week three months hence.

The very next day they get back a response from the Army Top Brass ' There is no way the Army can conduct all of it's operations and carry out all our responsibilities effectively if we are forced to move to a 4 day working week. This decision must be rescinded'.

A few days later they get a response from Navy Command ' We cannot possibly function efficiently if we are forced to move to 4 day working week. The decision has to be reversed'.

6 weeks later they get a response from the RAF ' What's all this sh*t about working overtime?'

Il make sure I pass on your joke to my dad who spent 3 years in combat in Oman and Yemen in the RAF supporting liberating a country and losing many friends and colleagues at the same time. Or my mum who was one of the first female telegraphists in the air force in 1976. Prick probably only plays with his action man

If you could that would be great. They would probably enjoy it.

Shame the famous Forces 'sense if humour' never made it down the family lineage!

This prick, btw, served 19 years in the RAF and did tours in the Falklands, Bosnia, Northern Ireland and the Gulf.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » June 24th, 2018, 10:42 pm

Willthiswork wrote:
big baz wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:After many years of budget cuts and underspending the MOD reluctantly decides it is time to introduce a 4 day working week across the Armed Forces.

They duly send out a communication to all three services highlighting the plans to move to a four day working week three months hence.

The very next day they get back a response from the Army Top Brass ' There is no way the Army can conduct all of it's operations and carry out all our responsibilities effectively if we are forced to move to a 4 day working week. This decision must be rescinded'.

A few days later they get a response from Navy Command ' We cannot possibly function efficiently if we are forced to move to 4 day working week. The decision has to be reversed'.

6 weeks later they get a response from the RAF ' What's all this sh*t about working overtime?'

Il make sure I pass on your joke to my dad who spent 3 years in combat in Oman and Yemen in the RAF supporting liberating a country and losing many friends and colleagues at the same time. Or my mum who was one of the first female telegraphists in the air force in 1976. Prick probably only plays with his action man

If you could that would be great. They would probably enjoy it.

Shame the famous Forces 'sense if humour' never made it down the family lineage!

This prick, btw, served 19 years in the RAF and did tours in the Falklands, Bosnia, Northern Ireland and the Gulf.

Whitecap eh?
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » June 25th, 2018, 7:26 am

pembsexile wrote:
Whitecap eh?

No, but I did work with the Snowdrops for 5 years.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » November 28th, 2018, 10:05 am

Willthiswork wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Whitecap eh?

And now you're stuck with the snowflakes.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » November 28th, 2018, 3:52 pm

rncfc wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Whitecap eh?

And now you're stuck with the snowflakes.

How true! :)
User

JonD

Corridor of Uncertainty

Postby JonD » November 29th, 2018, 7:02 am

My boy’s in the RAF. I don’t suppose all air bases are the same but the one he’s on sounds a right cushy number, though they’re so short-staffed he doesn’t get Wednesday afternoons off to play sport.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » November 30th, 2018, 2:31 pm

JonD wrote:My boy’s in the RAF. I don’t suppose all air bases are the same but the one he’s on sounds a right cushy number, though they’re so short-staffed he doesn’t get Wednesday afternoons off to play sport.
Shocking! Wouldn't have happened in my day! :lol: I remember the Army and Navy used to 'post' their sporting staff near clubs.
Previous