Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Bolton

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Get in there. Lovely win. No doubt the “we were lucky” brigade will be out in force, though they’re surprisingly absent when we lose despite dominating/having more possession and shots etc .
Uppafuckingport !!!
Spot on mate
Glad you are both happy - pleased with the win but we had the luck today - neat finish from a Bolton mistake - County players should be winning and knocking on those balls - with service Maynard along with a few others could score some goals.
Collins looked useful in parts but drifted out of game too much - did Ledley touch the ball?
Good three points but a promotion performance I don’t think so.

Well, it's got to be said, Bolton were a very ordinary team. For fifteen minutes we were chasing shadows but then they just got worse. We put pressure on them higher up the pitch and they were in a mess. The comment about hardly seeing Joe Ledley should surely be seen as a measure how we kept them out of the danger area for most of the time Ledley was on the pitch.

Fu Ming wrote:Good ground out win.
Scary as hell in 90+4 with the ball on our line.
Let’s not mess it up from here on in, 3 points clear of 8th place.
Why do play better against the better sides and poorly against the lower sides!
Very good question. Obviously a different mindset. Maybe sub-consciously?
The amateur psychologist in me would suggest we are more tentative when favourites for a win, and in recent years don't seem to handle the weight of expectation in the League positively.
Appear to play with greater freedom when underdogs, hence so many cup upsets.
Sigmund Freud eat your heart out.
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on April 5th, 2021, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

County ranger wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Get in there. Lovely win. No doubt the “we were lucky” brigade will be out in force, though they’re surprisingly absent when we lose despite dominating/having more possession and shots etc .
Uppafuckingport !!!
Spot on mate
Glad you are both happy - pleased with the win but we had the luck today - neat finish from a Bolton mistake - County players should be winning and knocking on those balls - with service Maynard along with a few others could score some goals.
Collins looked useful in parts but drifted out of game too much - did Ledley touch the ball?
Good three points but a promotion performance I don’t think so.
I totally agree that was not a promotion performance BUT it was a promotion result. Another 8 of those please!

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Ugo. wrote:Only team who were in the top 10 at the start of play to win so a massive win. Suddenly we are only 4 points off 3rd with a game in hand. All to play for and time to kick on.
I keep trying to say mate it's a strange season this one we are still in with a great shout

Let's back the lads
Yes, but it's the hope that kills you...

JonD wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:If we are still in the hunt who cares about the performance

Some of our fans do I guess. That was Bolton’s first defeat in 15 games but hey, we were lucky so I guess it doesn’t count :roll:
Who said it doesn't count? That's bizarre.

What is bizarre is the team you supposedly support beat a side unbeaten in 15 and rather than just be happy with it, people would rather piss and moan about how lucky we were or how crap Bolton were. Seems some of our fans are never happy.

Let’s face it Bolton should have gone in at ht with a lead but fair play a battling performance got us the points and they just didn’t look as good 2nd half apart from the last 10 nail-biting minutes. We’re still in with an outside chance and must battle like that every game from now on. A double over Bolton is pretty sweet tonight.