Are the BOD letting fans down?

MF has, (that's the problem, HAS) achieved almost legend status /had a very successful time as manager of Newport County for saving us from relegation into non league, Cup runs and the financial position the club find themselves because of it.
That's all well and good any he deserves all the credit / plaudits he gets / got because of it.....
Why I ask 'are the BOD letting us fans down' is because of the here and now, not the past???

IMO our current form since early December is not a blip, it is not a run of bad results, not down entirely to the RP pitch, not luck. It's down to one thing... Michael Flynn...

Have discussions taken place at Board level?
What are their views on the situation where our season has imploded?
As elected members of the Fans, haven't they the obligation to tell us the feelings at board level about our current form?
I'm sorry at 90 % of teams in the Football League any manager with a run as bad as we are on, sliding down the table like we are from top to mid table would have been replaced. What's their views?

Re: Are thr BOD letting fans down?

You should know by now there will be no communication from the board until a couple of weeks before they ask for money. You will get minutes from the March meeting just before the season ticket prices are announced.
Gavin will not get rid of Flynny, more chance of getting a pay rise than the boot. So there's nothing to discuss.

The board of directors let the fans down when Michael Flynn was given a long lucrative contract with it appears no get out clause. The board of directors let the fans down when they pretended that they were going to be transparent and accountable and then hid every decision in a cloak of secrecy. The board of directors let fans down when instead of addressing the real structural problems (Not of their making) they put out statements such as 'Newport County continue to over achieve both on and off the pitch.

All that has now happened is that the wheels have come off the team and now more and more fans are beginning to notice that the structure is not there for Newport County to be successful in the long term.

I well recall the dogs bullocks abuse I got on this board when I pointed out this two and three years ago. Shut up and enjoy the ride I was told. If I didn't it was because it was all so reminiscent of the 1980's. Let's all get drunk and not worry about the hangover.

Yeah well, you lost your job, your house burned down, your wife just run off with the milkman and to cap it all your tongue feels hairy, you have a splitting headache and you're feeling like you're about to throw up.

Welcome to the morning after.

The club are currently in a position (both on and off the pitch) in a better position than the majority of people would have placed us - especially in the current pandemic situation.

Make hay whilst the sun shines sings true for me, we tied down MF on a "long lucrative contract" when his stock was high, i'm sure I remember people saying to do it and to speculate to accumulate if he did get an offer he wanted from another club, we would at least get compensation.

IMO, the communication from the club has been better than ever; the BoD minutes are regular and there are visible efforts to communicate better with supporters. As Shareholders and/or Trust Members we all have an opportunity to raise our points at the forthcoming AGMs (as per recent communication).

Willthiswork wrote:The club are currently in a position (both on and off the pitch) in a better position than the majority of people would have placed us - especially in the current pandemic situation.

Make hay whilst the sun shines sings true for me, we tied down MF on a "long lucrative contract" when his stock was high, i'm sure I remember people saying to do it and to speculate to accumulate if he did get an offer he wanted from another club, we would at least get compensation.

IMO, the communication from the club has been better than ever; the BoD minutes are regular and there are visible efforts to communicate better with supporters. As Shareholders and/or Trust Members we all have an opportunity to raise our points at the forthcoming AGMs (as per recent communication).
These are not minutes.

GF had a long and positive conversation with DB.

Telling us what GF and DB talked about. Telling us what areas they agreed on. Telling us what areas they disagreed on. Telling us how they intended to develop this and when they were next intending to meet, that would be a minuted document.

Make hay when the sun shines. Start developing a proper stadium with the profits of Cup runs you mean?

And as for the AGM. Why hold it virtually in March? Why not have it in June when people would be able to attend for real? Answers please on the back of a £20 note in order that we can carry on paying over the hill strikers lots of your lovely cash. The poor darlings need the money, nobody else is willing to employ them as they can't score goals. Opinion is divided on the matter. 91 league managers would regard two goals in six matches as a problem. Michael Flynn has a different view.

Re: Are the BOD letting fans down?

Clearly redacted minutes (as stated) due to commercial etc. sensitivities. As a shareholder of any other organisation, other than a football club, do you see communication relayed on ALL matters? Why not ask at the relevant AGM if you want to know an answer? We vote these people in to do the job on our behalf, we must have trust in them or vote them out at the next opportunity.

If they didn't hold the AGM then there would be grief given to them on the side that they aren't holding it. I would say the majority of people now know how to use Zoom etc. There is nothing stopping Shareholders and Trust Members asking the Club/Trust to hold an EGM (or even another open meeting) once people are allowed to mingle.

As usual, there are solutions but it is easier to criticise.

The way he comes across in the interview is that of an employee who thinks he is untouchable because allegedly we can't afford to sack him because of the stupid contract the BOD offered him.

OK his stock was high at the time due to saving us from the drop, the cup runs /cash made and getting to the play off final but don't let those points hide the fact that if Mrs Flynn had agreed to it he would have left the club in a heartbeat to join Lincoln City.
Manager who trys to leave the club (I don't blame anyone trying to better themselves for their families future) but when his attempt fail because his wife doesn't want the move he manages to screw a longer better contract off the employers he wants rid of. How does that work?
You can hear the conversation when it happened.(allegedly) ... '' I wanted to go to Lincoln, Mrs F said no, now if you want me to stay, pay up. Extend my contract and if/when things turn bad, as it normally does because every manager has a rough patch, make sure I am in the position where you can't afford to sack me.''
'' You can't sack me, I will decide when I leave, not you''

'' OK Mike, how much do you want and how long an extension? ''

'' £x amount and x amount length of extension ''

'' OK Mike, here's the contract, sign here''

''Thanks Gav.... Corky and Stan ain't going to be happy with this but **** them the message board ostriches will fight in my corner and back me because I AM UNTOUCHABLE, how dare they question me. I saved the club from relegation''

neilcork68 wrote:MF has, (that's the problem, HAS) achieved almost legend status /had a very successful time as manager of Newport County for saving us from relegation into non league, Cup runs and the financial position the club find themselves because of it.
That's all well and good any he deserves all the credit / plaudits he gets / got because of it.....
Why I ask 'are the BOD letting us fans down' is because of the here and now, not the past???

IMO our current form since early December is not a blip, it is not a run of bad results, not down entirely to the RP pitch, not luck. It's down to one thing... Michael Flynn...

Have discussions taken place at Board level?
What are their views on the situation where our season has imploded?
As elected members of the Fans, haven't they the obligation to tell us the feelings at board level about our current form?
I'm sorry at 90 % of teams in the Football League any manager with a run as bad as we are on, sliding down the table like we are from top to mid table would have been replaced. What's their views?
Don't forget the play off final at Wembley Neil. Why do you never mention that.

neilcork68 wrote:The way he comes across in the interview is that of an employee who thinks he is untouchable because allegedly we can't afford to sack him because of the stupid contract the BOD offered him.

OK his stock was high at the time due to saving us from the drop, the cup runs /cash made and getting to the play off final but don't let those points hide the fact that if Mrs Flynn had agreed to it he would have left the club in a heartbeat to join Lincoln City.
Manager who trys to leave the club (I don't blame anyone trying to better themselves for their families future) but when his attempt fail because his wife doesn't want the move he manages to screw a longer better contract off the employers he wants rid of. How does that work?
You can hear the conversation when it happened.(allegedly) ... '' I wanted to go to Lincoln, Mrs F said no, now if you want me to stay, pay up. Extend my contract and if/when things turn bad, as it normally does because every manager has a rough patch, make sure I am in the position where you can't afford to sack me.''
'' You can't sack me, I will decide when I leave, not you''

'' OK Mike, how much do you want and how long an extension? ''

'' £x amount and x amount length of extension ''

'' OK Mike, here's the contract, sign here''

''Thanks Gav.... Corky and Stan ain't going to be happy with this but **** them the message board ostriches will fight in my corner and back me because I AM UNTOUCHABLE, how dare they question me. I saved the club from relegation''
Willthiswork wrote:Why not ask at the relevant AGM if you want to know an answer? We vote these people in to do the job on our behalf, we must have trust in them or vote them out at the next opportunity.

As usual, there are solutions but it is easier to criticise.

Papski2 wrote:You literally made a fake scenario up chief.

You were given a practical and realistic solution.

Either follow it up or be of no use ranting on a message board. Makes no odds to me.
Have you got a personal interest in Newport County Board of Directors ? Just curious, when I read your comments you are obviously in the Flynny stay camp but something seems deeper than that.

SULLY34 wrote: Have you got a personal interest in Newport County Board of Directors ? Just curious, when I read your comments you are obviously in the Flynny stay camp but something seems deeper than that.
Are you saying I'm pro the current BOD or have an interest in seeing them fall? Because I'm saying we should all be in the trust to hold them to account, not just spreading negative sentiment which adds no value to the club. Feel free to explain the deeper than that part, I won't take any offense.

Also, I am in the 'keep the boat stable during very turbulent times' camp. Which MF has been a massive part of.

24th and £350,000 in the hole when MF took over. Now 8th and financially stable during a pandemic. Our form is poor, it looks like a League 2 teams form. But the club has moved forward. No one has produced a realistic case for change that will move the club forward and not just 'we should' or 'we could'.

The f**k do I know though?