Re: Grandstand: Tranmere v Exiles

What is so frustrating is that we are playing so poorly but still only one goal behind. As with so many games this season it seems we just can’t change anything to make a difference to how we are playing.
Opposition must think if we can get a goal then that’s enough. It’s very poor as entertainment and a real struggle to keep interest going!

Phil in Northampton

The number of times we were on the half way line and turned back and the ball ended up with Townsend was so frustrating. It's about time at least four of our players tried to use both feet. Everything is so predictable. That must have been one of Haynes' worst performances. I think Maynard did one useful thing. Some of Townsend's kicks were awful.
Amond worked hard and Shepherd shone in patches. Bennett gave a lot tonight. Gambin looked like a ball boy when he came on and should have had longer on the pitch. If we don't get three points on Saturday we will be mid table : mid table mediocrity.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ugo. wrote:Words fail me after reading this:

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... ack-anchor
Wait until you see his interview.

Two goals in the last six games Mike are you worried?

No.
I must admit, I watched the interview in question and cringed. He was visibly annoyed and did not like the questions. His awkward and abrupt answers suggest that he is feeling the pressure and rightly so.

I honestly don't think he has the right man management skills to be successful as a football manager. There was a rumor about a strange atmosphere in the dressing room and this could be down to the fact he openly criticizes players in the press as he has done so again in this interview.

What I don't understand in regards to this is his willingness to blame the defeat on the admittedly poor defensive ineptitude of a handful of players, thus mitigating the blame for another shoddy performance from himself, but then goes on to defend the woeful performances of the signings he's made in the January window by saying they need to get up to speed.

If the figures I've seen banded about for Maynard and what he is on per week are true then he really hasn't got any excuse for his lack of goal return. The least said about Hartigan and Telford the better.

Of course, in true to form and baffling style, the one player who impressed and looked a great acquisition, Gambin, has been completely frozen out with no explanation. Coming on for a cameo when Ellison and Taylor are brought on before him is mystifying.

I fear Saturday will herald another performance of this ilk and with it another blusterous diatribe of poor excuses and shifting the blame. The optimism I felt up until Christmas has been slowly and painfully bled out of me to the point that I'm already dreading watching us on Saturday.

We've blown this season, our best chance to go up for a long time and there needs to be ramifications and accountability.

It's such a shame.

I

This point's no doubt been made before, but he's said that his ambition is to manage in the Premiership and I think that could be why he's stonewalling in interviews so as not to lower his stock with other clubs.
I rate him as a manager and a guy with integrity, but saying "we just need to string a couple of wins together" makes him sound like a gambler trusting to luck.

Flynn:
“Have we been outplayed in any of the games that we have lost? No, but there are individual errors and missed chances," said Flynn.

Well, County have been woeful Mr Flynn, not just during their defeats.
What does that say about their opponents performances?

Notices ''comments'' are always turned off for the post match interviews.

First occasion then that County have failed to score in sixteen L2 matches away from Rodney Parade this season. Appears a good stat but doesn't take away the fact that performances are utter boring to put it lightly

I didn’t see the game so I can’t comment on the performance. From what fans are saying, it was bad.

My point is different. In the post match interviews, MF has criticised the individual performances of some players. One of these players just 6 weeks ago was plying his trade in the Welsh league. How does he feel about that?

Ffs, have a go at the players individually if you need to. Give them the hairdryer treatment if you have to. It looks like they may need it. But ffs, do it in private, not in front of the media. He has turned a corner there, a bad corner. Not good at all.

What was that ridiculous comment that someone started a thread with a week or so ago, asking has MF lost the dressing room, being sarcastic and pompous. Well, with comments in the press like that, if he hasn’t lost them now, he will soon. Even Kev Ellison remarked about a strange atmosphere in the dressing room. He has been around long enough to pick up on that.

There will be no Gambin in the side against his parent club on Saturday.
Which begs the question why didn’t he start or get more game time last night.

MF seems to apportion blame on single defensive mistakes.
Every side makes defensive mistakes.
The real problem is not putting the ball in the net at the other end.

Glasllwch Goalkeeper wrote:This point's no doubt been made before, but he's said that his ambition is to manage in the Premiership and I think that could be why he's stonewalling in interviews so as not to lower his stock with other clubs.
I rate him as a manager and a guy with integrity, but saying "we just need to string a couple of wins together" makes him sound like a gambler trusting to luck.
Those are exactly our tactics. We don't try and break teams down or open them up - we lump it up top and hope something falls for us. We start with two 5 footers up front and then replace them with someone taller who doesn't jump. I'm so frustrated with it. We might still lose but lets at least try something different after 3 months of this not working.

I get that at home you don't mess around with the ball in your own half on that pitch but that's no excuse not to try and play a bit of football in the attacking third. OK you may get a bobble and your shot goes out for a throw in but lumping it into the box and hoping for something to fall our way is a waste of time and means even when playing against bottom of the table its a case of whoever is the luckiest wins.

Ironsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ugo. wrote:Words fail me after reading this:

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... ack-anchor
Wait until you see his interview.

Two goals in the last six games Mike are you worried?

No.
I must admit, I watched the interview in question and cringed. He was visibly annoyed and did not like the questions. His awkward and abrupt answers suggest that he is feeling the pressure and rightly so.

I honestly don't think he has the right man management skills to be successful as a football manager. There was a rumor about a strange atmosphere in the dressing room and this could be down to the fact he openly criticizes players in the press as he has done so again in this interview.

What I don't understand in regards to this is his willingness to blame the defeat on the admittedly poor defensive ineptitude of a handful of players, thus mitigating the blame for another shoddy performance from himself, but then goes on to defend the woeful performances of the signings he's made in the January window by saying they need to get up to speed.

If the figures I've seen banded about for Maynard and what he is on per week are true then he really hasn't got any excuse for his lack of goal return. The least said about Hartigan and Telford the better.

Of course, in true to form and baffling style, the one player who impressed and looked a great acquisition, Gambin, has been completely frozen out with no explanation. Coming on for a cameo when Ellison and Taylor are brought on before him is mystifying.

I fear Saturday will herald another performance of this ilk and with it another blusterous diatribe of poor excuses and shifting the blame. The optimism I felt up until Christmas has been slowly and painfully bled out of me to the point that I'm already dreading watching us on Saturday.

We've blown this season, our best chance to go up for a long time and there needs to be ramifications and accountability.

It's such a shame.

I
Flynn let himself and the club down in his petulant interview performance- I doubt he will get employed elsewhere if any employer watches that. He must take some responsibility for selection and tactics it is like schoolboy football we are losing throw on forwards. Why don’t we consider how we get the ball to the forwards at the moment that would be revolutionary!