Re: Grandstand: Tranmere v Exiles

Neddy Flanders wrote:Woeful performance again, against what was a poor Tranmere team. They settled for 1 goal probably because they knew we couldn’t score in a month of Sunday’s.
4 strikers on again, no creativity and then bring Gambin on for the last 5 minutes. The way we’re performing we’ll be lucky to finish 14th.
Exactly my view - we could be playing until midnight tomorrow and still not score.

Dave John wrote:Just one dreadful game after another.

MF will turn it around :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I foresee his press conference... Tranmere are a excellent side who will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season and we took them all the way and lost out by another mistake.

Seems to be a recurring theme this doesn't it... Blaming errors but never commenting on his failure to set up a side to score... Another game of 1 possibly 2 shots on target and he can't even blame the pitch this time

The promotion dream is over, tell over half of the squad to 'f off 'on gardening leave as they won't be here next season so what's the point of continuing using with them and give some of the youth team a chance... I'd rather see us lose games 4 - 0 with them lads giving it a go rather than continue to watch this shite week after week
And while we're at it tell MF to do the same... Totally clueless....

We lack selection flexibility - nothing on the bench to change the game that is done in midfield or with a 10.
More endeavour last 10 mins why wait to press until it is a lost cause.
We need to mix formation and change tactics does Flynn have the ability to do this - Evans, Baker - can see why FGR let Shepherd go, can’t cross if his life depended on it, Haynes similar we just have no decent service to our bus load of forwards.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
County ranger wrote:This is boring - nothing on bench to change shape or tactics just forwards to replace isolated forwards.
No pitch to blame we are what we are a mid table side with little flair or quick ball movement. Maynard is quickly becoming one of our worst ever signings.
We are not a mid-table side, we are a struggling side who just happened to pick up a lot of close results when Cooper and Twine were playing for us. Sorry but even though I live in hope we can turn this game around, and stranger things do happen, I think our problem, bottom line is we are not good enough.
Sadly I think that last sentence sums it up for me. Without Cooper the defence has looked less assured and composed; and without Twine we do not carry a goal threat. Unfortunately this appears to suggest a long countdown to the end of the season with no apparent hope of making to the top seven.
Even accepting MF is not a master tactician the lack of quality in the team means we are unable to make a challenge for promotion. This is all the more difficult a pill to swallow, due to the incredible 1st half of the season.
Even if the ref had made the correct decision tonight and awarded us a penalty, from which we scored, it wouldn't change my opinion.

p.s. If there is any prospective managers out there able to 'make a silk purse out of a pig's ear', perhaps we should consider getting him in.
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on March 2nd, 2021, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's so obvious........we are NOT to go up. Flynn been told to stay in League 2. Creative players taken off/played out of position/playing below potential/on bench. Why waste money on Maynard when we have no ambition to be promoted?
Flynn has to go if we have ANY ambition of going up.

Said on another thread years ago that in play-off final that subs that were brought on were designed to keep us in League 2. Subs that hadn't played since February that season, brought on at the end of May to win us promotion.......Come on!!!