Re: Latest Board Minutes

A couple of snippets I took from these minutes -

Multiple bids were made for Scott Twine, all unsuccessful.

Retail sales increased beyond expectations, which is positive given the club shop has been closed.

Player wage budget increased in January, so with 7 outgoings the wage bill still increased to pay for those who came in.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:A couple of snippets I took from these minutes -

Retail sales increased beyond expectations, which is positive given the club shop has been closed.

Player wage budget increased in January, so with 7 outgoings the wage bill still increased to pay for those who came in.

Swindon have said that they didn't receive a bid for Twine from anyone. ??????

neilcork68 wrote:

Quel surprise A board of an EFL club didn't tell the truth? Which one do you suspect that was?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

Quel surprise A board of an EFL club didn't tell the truth? Which one do you suspect that was?
No idea. But prepare yourself for Kevin Ward and his mock outrage. :grin:

I see little point in County’s board including a note in their meeting minutes about lodging unsuccessful bids if this didn’t take place, so suspect any denial of bids being recd is an error at Swindon’s end.

One slightly bizarre and unlikely explanation - maybe Swindon as a club/company don’t own Twine’s registration so didn’t receive any bid. Perhaps their chairman or a third party own his registration so would have received our bids instead. Sounds a bit shady but I think that was the scenario with Carlos Tevez when he signed for ManUre - multiple people had a stake in him.

What I will say is that Swindon are allegedly in a financial and ownership mess at the moment so I wouldn’t trust anything they might have said about receiving no bids.