Re: Is Sheehan over rated ?

SULLY34 wrote:Is Sheehan that good? Pirouettes, turns, sideways, backwards is what I've noticed for a long time. Does he run at the opposition? Defence splitting passes ? How may goals/assists does he have this season ?
No I don't think he is overrated. I do think he's just easing down and thinking I'm buggered if I'm going to risk my big signing on fee in June by getting crocked on this shit heap of a pitch.

Can't say I wouldn't do the same in his position

On his day he’s a league 1 player, but he gets dragged down with the overall team inconsistency too much. If a big and successful team took a gamble on him and he was playing with quality players, on a better pitch more often then I think we’d see his true potential.

If I was him I’d be keeping my network of contacts at Swansea City open.
Last edited by DeePeeNCAFC on February 28th, 2021, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:On his day he’s a league 1 player, but he gets grafted down with the overall team inconsistency too much. If a big and successful team took a gamble on him and he was playing with quality players, on a better pitch more often then I think we’d see his true potential.

If I was him I’d be keeping my network of contacts at Swansea City open.
I don't know but my guess is he already knows where he's going.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Believe on decent pitches he could play higher than League 2, but currently on the RP pitch he is mediocre and indeed wouldn't be in my starting X1. Will he command a lucrative signing-on fee in the Summer.? I have my doubts.
Serious question. Why do you doubt? Put another way had he left in January would you expect a transfer fee?

bedeck wrote:Also since his call up for Wales, our opponents have either man marked him or shut him down quickly. I also believe he is winding down and believe like others he should be rested. He should be busting a gut to get rave reviews to sign elsewhere in the summer for free.

A deal has already been agreed for him to join a league one side ( possibly Championship) depending on them gaining Promotion, I have heard

neilcork68 wrote:
bedeck wrote:Also since his call up for Wales, our opponents have either man marked him or shut him down quickly. I also believe he is winding down and believe like others he should be rested. He should be busting a gut to get rave reviews to sign elsewhere in the summer for free.

A deal has already been agreed for him to join a league one side ( possibly Championship) depending on them gaining Promotion, I have heard
Unless we give permission, he can't talk to other clubs in the EFL until the last month or two before the end of his contract.

DT1892 wrote:I'd expect every agent to be touting their client's name around, it's literally what they're paid for. That's not the same as agreeing to join another club.
OK maybe I should have worded it different but anyhoo, I hear he has agreed a deal in principle to sign for ########### once his contract expires with us.
I dont believe he isnt giving the club 100% every game he plays but subconsciously he may not be as good as he was at the start of the season on a better playing surface

DT1892 wrote:I'd expect every agent to be touting their client's name around, it's literally what they're paid for. That's not the same as agreeing to join another club.
A nod's as good as a wink and all that.

Cast your mind back a few tears, Michael Flynn said to Podge, then of Hartlepool, I don't know why you're sometimes on the bench, you wouldn't be if I was your manager. I remember hearing judges telling juries that on no were they to do internet searches to do with the case. And thinking 'fat f@cking chance'.

Edit.
'tears' was a typo' I meant to type years. However just as I was about to edit it occurred to me..........
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on February 28th, 2021, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neilcork68 wrote:
OK maybe I should have worded it different but anyhoo, I hear he has agreed a deal in principle to sign for ########### once his contract expires with us.
I dont believe he isnt giving the club 100% every game he plays but subconsciously he may not be as good as he was at the start of the season on a better playing surface
Neil,
It's not just subconsciously. It's the last minute of the Cup final, you're chasing down the chance to score the winner you see a lumbering centre half coming into stop you but you bust a gut anyway.
It's the last minute of a League 2 fixture in March for a club you know you're leaving and a big cheque is coming your way. You are chasing down the chance to score the winner when you see a lumbering centre half coming in to stop you. You think of how stupid it would be to break your leg now, and the ball rolls harmlessly out for a goal kick.