Jayne Ludlow Newport Director of Football

As it seems very unlikely that MF will be replaced/resign. IMO Jayne Ludlow should be offered the post of Director of Football and a place on the BOD at our football club, she has a wealth of experience that she can bring to the club, with MF answerable to her on all maters relating to football maters, We have a chance to show some forward thinking and be a trail blazing club which will generate a national/global interest which will bring in much needed sponsorship.

What are your thoughts.

John

Re: Jayne Ludlow Newport Director of Football

My view.

I think it's an interesting suggestion and I certainly offer my opinion without any certainty that I am correct.

I believe that the difficulty with this would be twofold. Firstly it would rather undermine Flynn. And that might not improve things.

The second problem I see is that essentially women's football is a different game. I don't argue that women don't have a skill set every bit as competent as that of men. And judging on County's performances these last ten weeks more competent. But men are physically stronger than women and as a consequence this aspect of the game might, I stress might, be outside the knowledge of a female coach.

So on balance whilst I find your suggestion interesting my view would be no. But by the same token I don't think that it is a ridiculous idea.

flat4 wrote:Only one person with enough intelligent willing to give there view, why am I not surprised, this club is going no where while everyone keeps there head in the sand, how much more money has to be thrown away before people realise the extent of what is going on.

When asked who should replace MF if we were to sack him in another thread, I named her as a contender

IF, the position of Director of Football at Newport County arises and if Jayne Ludlow is interested and puts in an application, it should be considered as much as any candidate's application.

Then the best person for the job should be hired based upon whatever due diligence is taken by the board.

I don't see, based off your post and my limited knowledge of Jayne, why we would offer her the position out of the blue.
flat4 wrote:Only one person with enough intelligent willing to give there view, why am I not surprised, this club is going no where while everyone keeps there head in the sand, how much more money has to be thrown away before people realise the extent of what is going on.
If you could explain this that would be great because it seems like you are saying you are the only person intelligent enough to know that Jayne Ludlow is the only person that can save Newport County from... Something.

neilcork68 wrote:

When asked who should replace MF if we were to sack him in another thread, I named her as a contender
How incredibly progressive of you.

A ridiculous gamble. The women's game is a different sport altogether, and I say this from a position of relative strength on the subject.

It's a suggestion borne out of a desire to be viewed as politically correct, nowhere near qualified enough to do the job.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
G Guest wrote:We don't have the toilet facilities to accommodate women as well as men.
If the above post is jest forgive me.

However if it serious, that would be County's problem. It would be unlawful to deny a person a job on the basis of gender because of lack of toilet facilities. And rightly so.
Knowing 2021, she probably identifies as a pigeon anyway.

For a BOD to appoint a women to DOF/Manager/Head Coach position would be incredibly brave even in these depressingly PC times. Men’s professional football is a tough world & pretty unforgiving. A woman would have zero credibility with the players, never having played the men’s game. The only possible scenario is as a mediator on transfers. That being said, Karren Brady may already perform that role at West Ham.