Re: Argus breaking news: County asking EFL to play elsewhere

Yes, that's true - you need a dedicated line/hardware setup from the ground to the broadcast studio to allow live transmission of the match to iFollow - all league clubs have this, Spytty certainly doesn't and pretty sure Dragon Park doesn't either. Also, there needs to be multiple phone lines for live audio broadcasts (iFollow home and away, BBC , ect.). Again, SP doesn't have this facility.

Glyn.

glyn wrote:Yes, that's true - you need a dedicated line/hardware setup from the ground to the broadcast studio to allow live transmission of the match to iFollow - all league clubs have this, Spytty certainly doesn't and pretty sure Dragon Park doesn't either. Also, there needs to be multiple phone lines for live audio broadcasts (iFollow home and away, BBC , ect.). Again, SP doesn't have this facility.

Glyn.
That's interesting.
Do you know what the cost of installing such a system would be?
Thanks.

I’m assuming it’s Cardiff City where we’re looking to share but given our form I honestly can’t see us finishing even top 10. Presumably any ground sharing comes at a cost isn’t it a waste of money? We’ve thrown money at the team in the hope of falling over the line. Now we’re hoping to throw money at finding a decent surface to play on. Whilst I admire the ambition I think a touch of realism would suggest preparing for next season in League 2 and save the money!

Collars wrote:I’m assuming it’s Cardiff City where we’re looking to share but given our form I honestly can’t see us finishing even top 10. Presumably any ground sharing comes at a cost isn’t it a waste of money? We’ve thrown money at the team in the hope of falling over the line. Now we’re hoping to throw money at finding a decent surface to play on. Whilst I admire the ambition I think a touch of realism would suggest preparing for next season in League 2 and save the money!
Tending to agree with this. Would anyone be able to give a 'ball park' figure of what the costs maybe? Assuming of course, the proposal isn't turned down by the EFL.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Collars wrote:I’m assuming it’s Cardiff City where we’re looking to share but given our form I honestly can’t see us finishing even top 10. Presumably any ground sharing comes at a cost isn’t it a waste of money? We’ve thrown money at the team in the hope of falling over the line. Now we’re hoping to throw money at finding a decent surface to play on. Whilst I admire the ambition I think a touch of realism would suggest preparing for next season in League 2 and save the money!
Tending to agree with this. Would anyone be able to give a 'ball park' figure of what the costs maybe? Assuming of course, the proposal isn't turned down by the EFL.
I agree but.......

Four years ago after watching us lose at Cambridge I said the following.

No point in sacking Westley, we're down. All you'd be doing is paying more for the same result. We're going to have to regroup next season in the Conference. Why pay two managers?

Now I know it's promotion not relegation but the same principle applies. So I agree with Collars but with just a touch of hesitation.