Re: Just a thought

I am from Cwmbran and originally Pontypool.
There are a fair few county supporters from both towns.
It should be remembered that The eastern Gwent valley has been historically rugby biased, especially in the 70’s and 80’s with teams like Pontypool having success.
When County slipped away into non league this resulted in a potential loss of new younger supporters.
What I believe is needed to generate new supporters is an increased marketing campaign from the BOD not so much as a new stadium.
We need to attract those armchair “Premier League Supporters “ who prefer to sit at home and watch MU etc on Sky on a Saturday afternoon.
Buses and trains run regularly into Newport, put marketing advertising on these.
And of course playing good winning football helps.

I am from Cwmbran and originally Pontypool.
There are a fair few county supporters from both towns.
It should be remembered that The eastern Gwent valley has been historically rugby biased, especially in the 70’s and 80’s with teams like Pontypool having success.
When County slipped away into non league this resulted in a potential loss of new younger supporters.
What I believe is needed to generate new supporters is an increased marketing campaign from the BOD not so much as a new stadium.
We need to attract those armchair “Premier League Supporters “ who prefer to sit at home and watch MU etc on Sky on a Saturday afternoon.
Buses and trains run regularly into Newport, put marketing advertising on these.
And of course playing good winning football helps.

Playing good winning football has always increased our crowds even when we were in non league.
How many times have we been playing well, got a good crowd at RP or Spytty then put in an abysmal performance?
Then the next game the crowd would be half because of it..
I believe if we are successful and playing good winning football our crowds would increase.. IF we ever got into League One and were holding our own or doing well we could get 5500 /6000 crowds regularly at RP

Thanks for the replied.

No doubt accidently but I think a few of you may have misread the original post. The question wasn't about a move to Cwmbran Stadium. It was specifically if a 10,000 capacity football stadium were available in Cwmbran, in terms the perfect solution to our problem but forcing a move six miles to the north of where we play now, would you take it?

Notwithstanding those who did misread the majority consensus appears by quite some distance to be no. Which in truth surprises me. Nonetheless thank you to those who chose to respond.