Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Stevenage

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Has the game finished yet?

What another pile of shite our wonder manager and his team produced today against a very poor opponent.
Yet again 90+minutes and only two shots on target and route one lump it forward in the hope we get a lucky break.
What do we do in training?
We have very little if any creativity in the side and all we get off MF is its one point in the right direction
11 out of the last 42 points gained, 2 wins in 14 and that's progress??????

If he wasn't from Newport and saved us from the drop three years ago with players another manager signed this board would be in meltdown asking the BOD why we are continuing with him..
My heart wants us to win but my head is saying we will be lucky to get one point from our next four games... Is that still acceptable to posters on here???
The midweek game and win against a very average Walsall team has yet again papered over the cracks of how bad we are under him...
Don't get sucked into the crap he is spouting that it's the RP pitch.. His tactics have been sussed out by opposition managers and he doesn't have a back up plan other than route one.

I await the abuse that will come but I urge you who still believe he can turn it around to get your heads out of the sand and see the evidence in front of your eyes, we are crap at present, this isn't just a blip or run of bad form.. This is a team playing without leadership or tactics

We are over achieving given our budget will be replays given... So are teams like Accrington Burton, Wycombe and Barnsley who's budgets are half of their opponents in the leagues they play in. So why can't we over achieve???

Exile 1976 wrote:Just a nothing game on a disgrace of a pitch.

Go on YouTube and watch Hereford against Newcastle in the FA Cup.... Or many games in the 70's when football was played on equally as bad, if not worse pitches... They managed to play the ball on the floor
We complain about the pitch yet the ball spends most of the time in the bloody air given our route one tactics.
I agree the pitch is shocking , then so are our tactics and defeatist attitude shown before we even kick off.
The management and team are using the pitch as an excuse for their bad performances for almost 3 months. The management need changing and the players need a kick up the arse for their performances

neilcork68 wrote:Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What are you on about Neil. Finish? It didn't even start. I agree about Flynn' s short comings but there is one thing which I think you overlook. Bob Paisley was once asked in the mid 80's why Liverpool were so good. He spoke of many things with respect to tactics and motivation but finished with the remark. 'The main reason for Liverpool's success over the last decade is quite simply we have the best players'.

County's biggest problem right now is that our squad just isn't good enough. Without Twine and Cooper we've been found out.

Why didn't he try to replace them in January?

IMO He put all his eggs in one basket and used all his available budget signing Maynard.. Even to the point where he had to off load Willmott and Abrahams to help finance his wages that from what I gather are quite a bit over what we could and can afford... That's so far has worked out well hasn't it?
MF himself said we probably can't afford him but he was who he wanted... Mansfield fans were glad to see the back of him given the drain on their finances and poor showings and they are having a dreadful season by their standards

Abrahams 8 goals in 26 apperances
Amond 8 goals in 30 apperances

Maynard 1 goal in 6 apperances
Telford 1 goal in 7 apperances

Yes MF has improved our attacking options hasn't he???????

neilcork68 wrote:

Go on YouTube and watch Hereford against Newcastle in the FA Cup.... Or many games in the 70's when football was played on equally as bad, if not worse pitches... They managed to play the ball on the floor
We complain about the pitch yet the ball spends most of the time in the bloody air given our route one tactics.
I agree the pitch is shocking , then so are our tactics and defeatist attitude shown before we even kick off.
The management and team are using the pitch as an excuse for their bad performances for almost 3 months. The management need changing and the players need a kick up the arse for their performances

I watch a lot of old games, and the vast majority of football played on those pitches was absolutely shit mate, and that's top flight football too.
I agree that the tactics are pretty poor, and if we are going to lump it forward then at least Flynny could do is not play with two oompa loompa forwards.

Exile 1976 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

I watch a lot of old games, and the vast majority of football played on those pitches was absolutely shit mate, and that's top flight football too.
I agree that the tactics are pretty poor, and if we are going to lump it forward then at least Flynny could do is not play with two oompa loompa forwards.
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Whilst most pitches in that era resembled quagmires, Derby's Baseball Ground was notorious - and they went and won the First Division Championship on it.

The problem nowadays is that a lot of footballers have grown up in an environment with bowling green pitches through academy systems and have been withdrawn from the "jumpers for goalposts over the park" generation. Maybe that's why players like Farquharson look more comfortable on pitches like that having played Welsh and non-league.

Sadly, I heard last night that Peter Lorimer is in a hospice - he scored many a long range effort on pitches like that with heavier balls and boots. Maybe Flynny should take them over the Glebelands or Tredegar Park to train until the end of the season.

What another pile of shite our wonder manager and his team produced today against a very poor opponent.
Yet again 90+minutes and only two shots on target and route one lump it forward in the hope we get a lucky break.
We have very little if any creativity in the side and all we get off MF is its one point in the right direction

If he wasn't from Newport and saved us from the drop three years ago with players another manager signed this board would be in meltdown asking the BOD why we are continuing with him..
My heart wants us to win but my head is saying we will be lucky to get one point from our next four games... Is that still acceptable to posters on here???
The midweek game and win against a very average Walsall team has yet again papered over the cracks of how bad we are under him...
Don't get sucked into the crap he is spouting that it's the RP pitch.. His tactics have been sussed out by opposition managers and he doesn't have a back up plan other than route one.

I await the abuse that will come but I urge you who still believe he can turn it around to get your heads out of the sand and see the evidence in front of your eyes, we are crap at present, this isn't just a blip or run of bad form.. This is a team playing without leadership or tactics

We are over achieving given our budget will be replays given... So are teams like Accrington Burton, Wycombe and Barnsley who's budgets are half of their opponents in the leagues they play in. So why can't we over achieve???
Look at the Walsall game Neil on a decent surface, did we really create much...no we didn't. Our goal was scrappy, its not the pitch its Flynn. Twine carried this team.

SULLY34 wrote:

Look at the Walsall game Neil on a decent surface, did we really create much...no we didn't. Our goal was scrappy, its not the pitch its Flynn. Twine carried this team.
I think you’re correct about this . Twine was creative, he ran at people and shot from distance. That’s why I mentioned earlier that we have nobody who can take players on : if we had had a player like that yesterday he would have caused havoc because on that surface it would be difficult for defenders to turn. Throwing long high balls at central defenders is like giving a donkey strawberries. Shooting from distance is also a good tactic because the ball skids off the surface erratically, instead we try to hoof it out of the ground. I give up, it’s like they’ve never played football before.

lowandhard wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:

I think you’re correct about this . Twine was creative, he ran at people and shot from distance. That’s why I mentioned earlier that we have nobody who can take players on : if we had had a player like that yesterday he would have caused havoc because on that surface it would be difficult for defenders to turn. Throwing long high balls at central defenders is like giving a donkey strawberries. Shooting from distance is also a good tactic because the ball skids off the surface erratically, instead we try to hoof it out of the ground. I give up, it’s like they’ve never played football before.
Just found the stats.....

Sheehan 34 games 2 goals 1 assist

Twine 23 games 7 goals 7 assists COUNTY
10 games 3 goals 2 assists SWINDON

Sheehans figures are the same as Ryan Taylors !!

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Why didn't he try to replace them in January?quote]

Same old County. Bring in quantity over quality, and hope one or two shine.
Serious question. Not in anyway trying to take the mick. Probably just showing my ignorance on such matters. But wouldn't this be commonplace amongst League 2 sides?
It's a very good point.

My opinion is it shows the calculation of agents and the stupidity of League 2 chairmen.

Agents will let you have player A but you must also sign player B and C. If chairs got together beforehand and jointly agreed to tell agents to go and do one the practise would cease. But that would take intelligence and guts.