Open letter to Mickey Demetriou.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... tion-hunt/

Dear Mickey,

I have just read your comments in today's South Wales Argus and I thought you might appreciate a little feedback. So here goes.

You don't need to worry about the fans sticking with the club. I'm fairly typical of Newport County supporters, this is season fifty four for me, that's right, 24 years before a smiling midwife told Mrs Demetriou that she had a healthy baby boy, I was suffering watching County. We're not going anywhere. I doubt you will have heard of Cyril Rogers or Bobby Ferguson or Jimmy Scoular. No reason why you should have. And I very much doubt you would understand how names from a half century ago can still fill old men like me with a deep and lasting gloom. So don't worry, us fans will always stick with County.

Secondly, please don't call this a blip. Two or three games is a blip, at a push four or five. Twelve games is getting on for 30% of the season. It's a full blown slump. A slide. Face up to it for the last two and a half months we have been total sh!te. We all know it so let's not 'dress it up'.

I don't want to hear any more about what we are going to do, I don't want to hear anymore about how good the squad is. The time for all that is long past. So for f@ck sake's drop it.

Tonight you play Walsall. So let me tell you what I want. Better let me tell you what I expect and demand. Tonight we will either win, draw or lose. I can accept any result. We may play well, badly or anywhere in between, in fairness I can accept that. When the final whistle blows every County player can either be totally knackered or either will not have given of his best. All I ask is that you and every County player comes off that pitch tonight drained by 90 minutes of physical effort. Do that and I can ask no more, don't do that and you shame the shirt.

Sincerely yours,

Stan aka Brendan

Re: Open letter to Mickey Demetriou.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Mickey is one player we never have to question, although he would openly admit this season hasn’t been one of his best.

As for taking advice from certain section of fans who are fans in their own heads , ie don’t do anything for three club, don’t put anything into the club , oh with the exception of going many decades ago, hel prob give that a miss.
What an unpleasant little post.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:Mickey is one player we never have to question, although he would openly admit this season hasn’t been one of his best.

As for taking advice from certain section of fans who are fans in their own heads , ie don’t do anything for three club, don’t put anything into the club , oh with the exception of going many decades ago, hel prob give that a miss.

Il take that as a compliment of you.

Let’s face it if this message board didn’t exist not many would know who the fuxk you are ..... you do nothing but criticise and run the club down. You don’t contribute to help it’s existence.

One question. .... what was the reasoning behind that Podcast you set up ?

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Let’s face it if this message board didn’t exist not many would know who the fuxk you are ..... you do nothing but criticise and run the club down. You don’t contribute to help it’s existence.

How clumsy of me. I meant it as a rebuke. :grin:

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Here we go, if you didn't agree with Einsteins post I suggest that you put your big boy pants on, take a breath......either ignore it or reply in a sensible grown up way.

SULLY34 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Here we go, if you didn't agree with Einsteins post I suggest that you put your big boy pants on, take a breath......either ignore it or reply in a sensible grown up way.
Will do ..... I’m bucking the current Covid trend in that my pants ain’t as big as they were xx

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Will do ..... I’m bucking the current Covid trend in that my pants ain’t as big as they were xx
Good to hear, unfortunately I'm going with the trend.....unfortunately my pants are that tight now that unfortunately I cannot remove them.

SULLY34 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Good to hear, unfortunately I'm going with the trend.....unfortunately my pants are that tight now that unfortunately I cannot remove them.
But like my missus but that’s another story !!

Ps Glad Mickey got the Black Country pigeon post