Re: Wilmott loaned to Exeter

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:It's OK Bob, he's on loan. Won't be playing against us.
It's the last day of the season. We need to better the Exeter score to gain automatic promotion. We win and we all anxiously tune into the Exeter game who because of a long stoppage in play still have two minutes left to play. They are drawing 0-0. If only it stays like this we're promoted.

Late drama at St James Park. Six minutes into added time Robbie Willmott bursts through, smacks the ball into the top corner and wheels away to celebrate in front of the hoards of Devonian football fans.

You worry if you want to Bob. The loan system stinks.
Just out of interest, would you feel better in this scenario if Willmott had joined Exeter permanently?

Blackandamber wrote:https://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/e ... 46/page-40

Looks like Exeter fans were pleased with Willmott's first start. Played as winger throughout in a 4 4 2 formation. Started on right wing, then switched to left (where he delivered a pin point cross for their 2nd goal), and finished on the right wing. If only Flynn had played him consistently as a winger, but we usually play 5 3 2.

IMO he was our only player who could deliver a good cross to our strikers.
Just noticed further down the Exeter forum's thread that Townsend is in the L2 team of the week.

DT1892 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
It's the last day of the season. We need to better the Exeter score to gain automatic promotion. We win and we all anxiously tune into the Exeter game who because of a long stoppage in play still have two minutes left to play. They are drawing 0-0. If only it stays like this we're promoted.

Late drama at St James Park. Six minutes into added time Robbie Willmott bursts through, smacks the ball into the top corner and wheels away to celebrate in front of the hoards of Devonian football fans.

Just out of interest, would you feel better in this scenario if Willmott had joined Exeter permanently?
Why do you think he hasn't? Maybe because we are paying part of his wages?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Why do you think he hasn't? Maybe because we are paying part of his wages?
Loans are easier to get completed than permanent deals, especially when it comes to the last day of the transfer window. Are we definitely paying part of his wages?

I know you don't see any benefit to the loan system, but not everything has to be the worst case scenario. We probably needed to clear part of the budget to bring in someone like Maynard, if Maynard ends up playing to level we are hoping he does, I'm not bothered.

"It's the last day of the season. We need to better the Exeter score to gain automatic promotion. We win and we all anxiously tune into the Exeter game who because of a long stoppage in play still have two minutes left to play. They are drawing 0-0. If only it stays like this we're promoted.

Late drama at St James Park. Six minutes into added time Robbie Willmott bursts through, smacks the ball into the top corner and wheels away to celebrate in front of the hoards of Devonian football fans."

Could say that about any contribution Robbie makes in the last part of the season, goal-line clearance, last ditch tackle, through ball, cross, shot, etc. Could even consider the cross for Exeter's equaliser on Saturday in the same vein.
Probably don't give a fig, but I wonder what Mansfield are thinking about Maynard's winning goal last Saturday?

Percy plunkett wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Jack wrote:Can he play against us in the upcoming fixture?
Probably not. It is usual to insert a clause into loan agreement to that effect but it would have been up to us to insist on its inclusion.
The same with Gambin and Maynard,both unlikely to play against their parent clubs,or Abrahams against us.
So it appears that team selection is down not to the manager of a team but the manager of another team in many perhaps league 2 fixtures.

Wow that really sucks for the integrity of the competition. Yet another reason to get rid of this insidious loan system.

The rule seems very straightforward:

54.8 During the period of any Temporary Loan Transfer, a Player shall not play against his Transferor Club without the prior written permission of the Transferor Club (which, if given, must be indicated on the appropriate Temporary Loan Transfer form).

Guidance: The EFL will permit Clubs to amend a loan agreement to include permission where this is agreed by both Clubs and the Player at a later date.

I'd be baffled why any lending club would agree to this.

There was a row around West Brom recently but that was about a player not being used after a permanent move.

George Street-Bridge wrote:The rule seems very straightforward:

54.8 During the period of any Temporary Loan Transfer, a Player shall not play against his Transferor Club without the prior written permission of the Transferor Club (which, if given, must be indicated on the appropriate Temporary Loan Transfer form).

Guidance: The EFL will permit Clubs to amend a loan agreement to include permission where this is agreed by both Clubs and the Player at a later date.

I'd be baffled why any lending club would agree to this.

There was a row around West Brom recently but that was about a player not being used after a permanent move.
It would baffle me also. A better financed club challenging for promotion could potentially loan out five players to mid or lower placed teams. Which of course would result in five other clubs putting out a stronger team against their rivals for promotion.

I can see loans being acceptable if two goalkeepers are long term injured. And God forbid it happens again but Manchester United loaning players after the Munich air tragedy seems to me to be acceptable. But the rules of football are far too scewed in favour of money as it is.

Beechwood Boy wrote:"It's the last day of the season. We need to better the Exeter score to gain automatic promotion. We win and we all anxiously tune into the Exeter game who because of a long stoppage in play still have two minutes left to play. They are drawing 0-0. If only it stays like this we're promoted.

Late drama at St James Park. Six minutes into added time Robbie Willmott bursts through, smacks the ball into the top corner and wheels away to celebrate in front of the hoards of Devonian football fans."

Could say that about any contribution Robbie makes in the last part of the season, goal-line clearance, last ditch tackle, through ball, cross, shot, etc. Could even consider the cross for Exeter's equaliser on Saturday in the same vein.
Probably don't give a fig, but I wonder what Mansfield are thinking about Maynard's winning goal last Saturday?
I wonder what they'll be thinking if we beat them to the last promotion place.

However the main point is this. Four teams will be promoted from Division 4. That happens every season. What you have to look at is what is fair and the best for our game. By way of another football topic. Do we want three up three down between the EFL and the National League? You can't say, or at least you can't say and remain credible, it's best for football if we are in League 2 that two up to down is best but if we were to find ourselves in the National League then of course it should be three up three down until we are promoted and then revert back to two up two down.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Do we want three up three down between the EFL and the National League? You can't say, or at least you can't say and remain credible, it's best for football if we are in League 2 that two up to down is best but if we were to find ourselves in the National League then of course it should be three up three down until we are promoted and then revert back to two up two down.
*thumbs up emoji*

I think the National League should be EFL3 or even better break out to EFL North and South, 2 up, 2 down...

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Do we want three up three down between the EFL and the National League? You can't say, or at least you can't say and remain credible, it's best for football if we are in League 2 that two up to down is best but if we were to find ourselves in the National League then of course it should be three up three down until we are promoted and then revert back to two up two down.
*thumbs up emoji*

I think the National League should be EFL3 or even better break out to EFL North and South, 2 up, 2 down...
I agree.