Re: Kyle Howkins

Not a surprise to see him loaned out,he looked uncomfortable with our new system.This mystery injury has cleared up,I got the feeling that there might have been a fallout between him and Flynny as he hasn't featured at all since September.I think Collins may be next,never really fancied by Flynny unfortunately and one other surprise maybe in store.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:I agree. I don’t think he’s been right injury wise, since pre season tbh ..... playing Dolan i there, whilst a move that’s proven to successful, surely must have had Howkins thinking about his future.
He was part of the back three, along with Matty and Mickey, early in the season. It was the arrival of Cooper that saw him lose his place, and now the emergence of DLK. I guess, for now at least, it will be Bennet dropping back in the event of injuries, or maybe more use made of Baker. Good luck to Kyle though, he always did his best.

OLDSTER wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:I agree. I don’t think he’s been right injury wise, since pre season tbh ..... playing Dolan i there, whilst a move that’s proven to successful, surely must have had Howkins thinking about his future.
He was part of the back three, along with Matty and Mickey, early in the season. It was the arrival of Cooper that saw him lose his place, and now the emergence of DLK. I guess, for now at least, it will be Bennet dropping back in the event of injuries, or maybe more use made of Baker. Good luck to Kyle though, he always did his best.
Think he played the first 4 games, one of which Cooper was ineligible and I’m sure he wasn’t picked the game Cooper was away with Wales ? ..... pretty sure he’s been struggling with a knee injury most of the season too?

Longe King is a very similar type of player and probably easier on the payroll ? Hope he means it brings someone in, a similar type to Cooper hopefully ?

George Street-Bridge wrote:Trouble was he was left marooned by our change of style. I remember at home to Barrow they pressed our other CBs but gave him space, so he'd be left to do the final distribution from the back.
Not disagreeing with that at all, but if he’s a casualty of our game attempting evolve (appreciate that there’s not been massive evidence of that of late), then that’s unfortunate, but one I personally can take. Thought Flynnys comments the other day, whilst praising Longe-King, but bemoaning our start up play since we’ve lost Cooper, very telling ....... which is why Im hoping that’s the type of player we may sign, before DDay ?