Re: King's World Record

Stow Hill Sid wrote:Congrats Tom.

I think that's a world record that will remain a record for quite some time.
For a long, long time. I'd guess most records are broken because someone is trying to do so. No goalie is ever trying to score from from a goal kick. Even with a hurricane blowing, a goal kick sailing over everyone's head is basically a waste of possession.

excessbee wrote:
Stow Hill Sid wrote:Congrats Tom.

I think that's a world record that will remain a record for quite some time.
For a long, long time. I'd guess most records are broken because someone is trying to do so. No goalie is ever trying to score from from a goal kick. Even with a hurricane blowing, a goal kick sailing over everyone's head is basically a waste of possession.
Not true if it goes over the defending back line and the attacker picks it up it isn’t. See my earlier posts.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I think, at the very least, TK deserves a one-off goal bonus for his effort. Just a few quid but in line with what the other players have written into their contracts, or if a small sum of money can't be given then maybe a one-off recognition award.
Don't bonus payments have to be paid in accordance with what was agreed at start of season. And aren't payments outside that illegal? Just have a dim memory of investigations of 'illegal' bonus payments.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I think, at the very least, TK deserves a one-off goal bonus for his effort. Just a few quid but in line with what the other players have written into their contracts, or if a small sum of money can't be given then maybe a one-off recognition award.
Assuming he has an agent who knows what he is doing, the fees for tv, radio, magazine interviews and other potential commercial outlets will more than compensate for any goal bonus shortfall.