Re: 2 Today and 2 by Saturday

lowandhard wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:So Flynny getting pelted because he said that he was "hopefully" bringing in two players by Wednesday and "hopefully" two more by Saturday and only one player signed on Wednesday?
About right mate! Thing is he has to give the local rag something
You shouldn’t be so serious about that, we all have our noses metaphorically pressed against the window ( both meanings ) like kids outside a sweet shop and we seriously need a few spangles and smarties that are smart and will sparkle for us.
Totally agree. It’s been the loan players who have excelled this season. It would be a shame to lose all our early progression by an unavailability to get more good ones in.

However, there may just not be the players available that MF wants at the moment. Fingers crossed and here’s to hoping he gets his wish. Got to start winning again soon.

It's often the end of the window before clubs decide to let players go. They're waiting for others to come back to fitness, signing A before they can let B go etc. I'm just hoping that losing the likes of Howkins is because we're planning to spend a little more on the quality we need. Given our position I would be happy to risk not replacing Howkins if it meant we got a proper goalscorer in. Yes it's a risk but we have been playing 3 at the back, Bennett could fill in if necessary and we could go to a back 4 so effectively then we have 2 spare centre halves. With a bit of luck and a following wind we might be ok!

Flynny said he would like to replace all that have gone back.That would mean seven loans,firstly,that is too many and secondly,it is not needed.We currently have a squad of 20,excluding Leadbitter,who will be loaned back out and excluding Woodiwiss and the other promising academy lads.We don't need 25+ professionals as it proved with Webb and Lewis,who hardly played in the 27.Quality over quantity for me,two CM's priority.He has signed two strikers so why does he need another one.

pembsexile wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:So Flynny getting pelted because he said that he was "hopefully" bringing in two players by Wednesday and "hopefully" two more by Saturday and only one player signed on Wednesday?
You shouldn’t be so serious about that, we all have our noses metaphorically pressed against the window ( both meanings ) like kids outside a sweet shop and we seriously need a few spangles and smarties that are smart and will sparkle for us.
Totally agree. It’s been the loan players who have excelled this season. It would be a shame to lose all our early progression by an unavailability to get more good ones in.

However, there may just not be the players available that MF wants at the moment. Fingers crossed and here’s to hoping he gets his wish. Got to start winning again soon.
Two out seven loans players excelled - it that was the ratio of our squad I would suggest that we may be in a bit of trouble.
Looking at Tuesday and bearing in Sheehan will be back I struggle to see outside a prolific scorer and maybe a playmaker where another loan player would fit in and we are unlikely to get a prolific goal scorer.To get these in I would send Collins and Willmott out on loan to free budget to try and get quality - I fear we will get 4 bench warmers.

County ranger wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Two out seven loans players excelled - it that was the ratio of our squad I would suggest that we may be in a bit of trouble.
Looking at Tuesday and bearing in Sheehan will be back I struggle to see outside a prolific scorer and maybe a playmaker where another loan player would fit in and we are unlikely to get a prolific goal scorer.To get these in I would send Collins and Willmott out on loan to free budget to try and get quality - I fear we will get 4 bench warmers.
Didn’t say they had all excelled, I said that it has been the loan players who have excelled this season. By that I mean our two outstanding players for me until recently have been Cooper and Twine, now sadly moved on. Hope we can replace them.