Re: Devitt

Personally am surprised at how little game time he has been given. When he's been on he's looked good. Especially when some others have continued getting minutes who, in my eyes, shouldn't be.

Ah well, hopefully someone similar or better is coming in.

rncfc wrote:Personally am surprised at how little game time he has been given. When he's been on he's looked good. Especially when some others have continued getting minutes who, in my eyes, shouldn't be.

Ah well, hopefully someone similar or better is coming in.
Agree. He started in just one game and came on as a sub in seven.

Apart from spell at Carlisle indifferent career and that is my thoughts about him and his time with us. Clearly a northerner who probably found it tough to settle down south, that is why it is usually better to sign more local players.
Glad for him if Barrow move comes off.

County ranger wrote:Apart from spell at Carlisle indifferent career and that is my thoughts about him and his time with us. Clearly a northerner who probably found it tough to settle down south, that is why it is usually better to sign more local players.
Glad for him if Barrow move comes off.
Agree with you. He didn't start many games for us because he simply wasn't good enough. Hope he has greater success at Barrow if that is where he's off to.

After the Orient cup game,I thought we had a good player but,didn’t get much game time and,when he did,didn’t stand out.He has played in the NW for a lot of his career,Carlisle,Morecambe and is officially at Blackpool so,his family is up there so makes sense for him to go to Barrow.Still got the feeling though that we should have given him more chance and time.

He did make what I thought was an odd comment for a player coming from a more senior club. He said that he had shown that he can play at our level. I thought why wouldn't he? No confidence? Or perhaps we helped him get a job with Barrow.