Re: Leadbitter returns

Snowman wrote:The club web site just says his loan has ended early but the BBC are reporting that we recalled him

Wonder why we would recall him early. I didn't think he was playing that well at Yeovil to deserve a recall, and his time with us wasn't very successful

Maybe cover for Haynes as he was injured on Saturday?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55707363
We terminated quite a few defenders loans a few weeks ago. It seems fairly sensible for additional cover with the full backs so that Haynes doesn't have to rush back from his concussion. He's known to the squad and I thought he was just starting to show a bit of form before that reckless tackle that injured him again last season.

Re: Daniel Leadbitter

SULLY34 wrote:
Countymax wrote:Don't get the Leadbitter hate. I remember watching him live a couple of times and he wasn't sh*te but he is perma-crocked. Not the problem with his ability.
Compared to Sheppard and Baker, he seriously lacks pace and awareness.
I may be wrong but I seem to recall that he did play left back/wing-back on an occasion last season, so he may be able to play that position or provide cover from the bench. I'd prefer to see Haynes given time to recover from the head injury he received on Saturday and if that means Leadbitter being either in the team or on the bench then that is preferable to rushing someone back and running the risk of further damage being done.

SULLY34 wrote:
Countymax wrote:Don't get the Leadbitter hate. I remember watching him live a couple of times and he wasn't sh*te but he is perma-crocked. Not the problem with his ability.
Pace for sure but he’s a seasoned pro so I’m not having ‘awareness’.

Countymax wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
Pace for sure but he’s a seasoned pro so I’m not having ‘awareness’.
Never saw him playing for Bristol, that's just my judgement from the handful a games he played for us.