Re: Exiles Grandstand Salford home

SULLY34 wrote:
The Salamander wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
The Salamander wrote:
Nathanncfc wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Abraham's, oh my
Awful isn’t he. How on earth he gets any game time for us is beyond me.
Funny how we see the game. I thought Abrahams did his job very well when coming on and kept putting pressure on the Salford defence so we could gain some territory. Not sure how anyone can criticise him for his 20 minutes.
I dont get speechless very often but you achieved that then for a few minutes. Luckily I can still type. Absolutely awful touch, control, heading and everything else for 20mins
In the circumstances he came on, he did his job and chased down to relieve pressure.

Nobodies touch was great on that pitch, hence why sheehan got sent off after miscontrolling.
Obviously respect your opinion as I do everyone elses, but being able to chase down is his only current quality. You dont need to be a footballer to do that
My thoughts are purely regarding today's game and the circumstances in which he came on in. I tend to agree over the course of the season so far he hasn't improved and he does lack certain qualities.

However, he did strike up a decent partnership with Taylor at the beginning of the season, maybe that is something that will take back off now Taylor is back... As we are desperate for something to click up front in the absence of Twine.

The pitch means that our passing style will be no more.We hoofed it in the first half,we hoofed it after Sheehan went off,I can take that in the circumstances.It seemed the fourth Official had a big say in the sending off as the ref took an age to speak to Sheehan,I honestly thought he had got away with it until everyone looked towards the Lino and the ref pulled a red.As for Abrahams,it’s his decision making,I must have groaned at least four times at things he done in that short cameo.As for Ellison,old Father Time is calling him it seems.I give Flynny credit for moving Dolan into midfield to close their space.Awful game but we got a point.

IMO Ellison may be great around the club, great at times to come on as an impact sub but MF sees him as one of his main changes when we need a change.
You can almost guarantee if Ellison or Willmott are on the bench they will be brought on. Other managers must know this and can pre plan this and nullify the 'impact value'
We had very little attacking threat during the game... why not try Devitt.??
Why bring Abrahams on, who has just got back from COVID when he could have tried Windsor???
Bringing on Ellison before Amond, who is probably our best striker???

Opinions I know but he is very predictable with his changes, isn't he??

neilcork68 wrote:IMO Ellison may be great around the club, great at times to come on as an impact sub but MF sees him as one of his main changes when we need a change.
You can almost guarantee if Ellison or Willmott are on the bench they will be brought on. Other managers must know this and can pre plan this and nullify the 'impact value'
We had very little attacking threat during the game... why not try Devitt.??
Why bring Abrahams on, who has just got back from COVID when he could have tried Windsor???
Bringing on Ellison before Amond, who is probably our best striker

Opinions I know but he is very predictable with his changes, isn't he??
Devitt should have started,playing Labs and Benno is too defensive,once Sheehan left it was the right combination but not to start at home.Ellison has had one great impact as a sub,the rest have been ordinary with little impact.Also,he isn’t a striker,he is a wide attacking player.

Special branch wrote:I thought Flynn made several mistakes today: after Sheehan was sent off Shepherd should have come back to right back in a back four; Baker should have gone off and Devitt on in midfield; Taylor shoild have stayed on with Amond introduced earlier in place of the new lad.
Abrahams was awful!
Not sure how that works, are you saying Demetriou should have gone to left back, if so I don't agree, we can't play a back 4 with Dolan as a centre back. I agree with what Flynn did in moving Dolan into midfield to cover for Sheehan and having Longe King and Demetriou as centre backs. You can argue that the forward substitutes could have been different.

G Guest wrote:Warren Joyce, speaking for the Salford management team said that the sending off changed the game. The sending off made them actually try to WIN the game and they didn't do so well as when it was 11 v 11.
Was he watching the same game? They played for the draw all game and nothing changed after we went down to 10, in fact we were the better team after the sending off.

Exile 1976 wrote:Will hopefully get to see a replay of the potential penalty for a 'foul' on Demetriou in the last couple of minutes.

Flynn has said that he thinks Sheehan wasn't a red card and that we should have had a penalty. Must admit I did shout penalty but more in hope than expectation as I didn't see it clearly enough so would like another look.

Argus also expect Devitt and Proctor to go back after their loans end tomorrow.

Ugo. wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Will hopefully get to see a replay of the potential penalty for a 'foul' on Demetriou in the last couple of minutes.

Flynn has said that he thinks Sheehan wasn't a red card and that we should have had a penalty. Must admit I did shout penalty but more in hope than expectation as I didn't see it clearly enough so would like another look.
The Salford commentator mentioned that we have had more penalties than anyone else,with some late ones.Are refs aware of that and are now more reluctant.Like you,I couldn’t see clearly,due to poor light and camera at that end but,MD was speaking with the ref after the whistle.

Ugo. wrote:

Argus also expect Devitt and Proctor to go back after their loans end tomorrow.
Both have been underwhelming so no great loss and I don’t think Flynn really rates either given their game time. Devitt was a potential replacement for Twine in many people’s eyes not in Flynn’s clearly.