Re: Where are they?

Unfortunately,Flynny does bring in players for the sake of it,Webb and Lewis for instance.We currently have 23 professions on the books plus a few talented academy players.We will see if Devitt and Proctor are staying and if Howkins will be loaned out.We don’t need players just to bolster the squad,just a few quality ones who are first team ability.

Percy plunkett wrote:Unfortunately,Flynny does bring in players for the sake of it,Webb and Lewis for instance.We currently have 23 professions on the books plus a few talented academy players.We will see if Devitt and Proctor are staying and if Howkins will be loaned out.We don’t need players just to bolster the squad,just a few quality ones who are first team ability.
I agree I see little point in signing players who do not improve the squad. The money spent on Webb’s wages was in my view wasted and could have increased our budget for the Jan window. Ashley Baker signed in a panic whilst I think he has looked a decent player - Flynn does not think so a waste of a salary again. I think we need no more than 18 quality players rather than 24 in a squad.

County ranger wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Unfortunately,Flynny does bring in players for the sake of it,Webb and Lewis for instance.We currently have 23 professions on the books plus a few talented academy players.We will see if Devitt and Proctor are staying and if Howkins will be loaned out.We don’t need players just to bolster the squad,just a few quality ones who are first team ability.
I agree I see little point in signing players who do not improve the squad. The money spent on Webb’s wages was in my view wasted and could have increased our budget for the Jan window. Ashley Baker signed in a panic whilst I think he has looked a decent player - Flynn does not think so a waste of a salary again. I think we need no more than 18 quality players rather than 24 in a squad.
Flynn said in his interview yesterday that one or two can go our regardless of what happens with bringing players in during the window