Re: Where are they?

I suppose there is also the possibility the leagues might adopt a policy of insisting that if a club has say sixteen available players they must fulfill a fixture. Clubs will want to make sure they can do that whilst relying on proven players and not dipping into their youth team.

excessbee wrote:I suppose there is also the possibility the leagues might adopt a policy of insisting that if a club has say sixteen available players they must fulfill a fixture. Clubs will want to make sure they can do that whilst relying on proven players and not dipping into their youth team.
Didn't I read 14 players just recently

UPTHEPORT wrote:
excessbee wrote:I suppose there is also the possibility the leagues might adopt a policy of insisting that if a club has say sixteen available players they must fulfill a fixture. Clubs will want to make sure they can do that whilst relying on proven players and not dipping into their youth team.
Didn't I read 14 players just recently
That came from Jose Mourinho. Think he was taking it to extremes as he was pissed off about their game being postponed at short notice.

Ugo. wrote:
Flynn was looking to finish his January business this week but endured a series of transfer 'disasters'...
'Big names ' 'very good players'.....missed out on, business will probably be done on the last day. Surprisingly this seems to be the story every window.

A few months ago we were all speculating on the future of Josh Sheehan at Newport.
There was plenty of talk of him leaving in the January window, what with him playing well for us and getting his deserved call up for Wales.
He has seemed to become forgotten about in the transfer market, hopefully it stays that way and we can keep him until the end of the season, especially as we have lost Scott Twine from the midfield as well.

SULLY34 wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
Flynn was looking to finish his January business this week but endured a series of transfer 'disasters'...
'Big names ' 'very good players'.....missed out on, business will probably be done on the last day. Surprisingly this seems to be the story every window.
Lazar Stojsavljevic is a big name,hope he’s not coming back.

Percy plunkett wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
Lazar Stojsavljevic is a big name,hope he’s not coming back.
:):) good one Percy !!

It seems that time`s are changing and lady luck is considering to bail out after looking after us for so long, I guess MF has been looking at players a few levels above what he looked at previously before, we will just after wait and see what scraps are left towards the end of the transfer window, just hope he does not bring in any more for the sake of it.