Calling Newport County fans

I'm doing a litter pick tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday if anyone fancies joining me

Picked up 4 bags of rubbish today treated myself to a litter picker off Amazon from my Christmas money

I'm going on canal tomorrow if you want to help say 2pm bettws lane the car park just down off canal only an hour or so :)

Re: Calling Newport County fan's

Well done Jim,once you start it will become an obsession.I started off doing a recycling pick every Sunday,now I am out everyday and collecting over 1000 recyclable items every week.I found those litterpickers are too slow when there is a lot to pick up and,plastic bottles have liquid in them that need tipping out to stop the bag getting too heavy.Gloves and sanitiser for me and bending down for burning off some flab.Good luck with it and wrap up warm.

Percy plunkett wrote:Well done Jim,once you start it will become an obsession.I started off doing a recycling pick every Sunday,now I am out everyday and collecting over 1000 recyclable items every week.I found those litterpickers are too slow when there is a lot to pick up and,plastic bottles have liquid in them that need tipping out to stop the bag getting too heavy.Gloves and sanitiser for me and bending down for burning off some flab.Good luck with it and wrap up warm.
Nice one!
How do you recycle them because yesterday I just put them in bins I found it was way to much to take home

UPTHEPORT wrote:I'm doing a litter pick tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday if anyone fancies joining me

Picked up 4 bags of rubbish today treated myself to a litter picker off Amazon from my Christmas money

I'm going on canal tomorrow if you want to help say 2pm bettws lane the car park just down off canal only an hour or so :)

Going to have to cancel this afternoon got to take my father in-law for emergency dental appointment

Will give it a go tomorrow same time

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Well done Jim,once you start it will become an obsession.I started off doing a recycling pick every Sunday,now I am out everyday and collecting over 1000 recyclable items every week.I found those litterpickers are too slow when there is a lot to pick up and,plastic bottles have liquid in them that need tipping out to stop the bag getting too heavy.Gloves and sanitiser for me and bending down for burning off some flab.Good luck with it and wrap up warm.
Nice one!
How do you recycle them because yesterday I just put them in bins I found it was way to much to take home
If you are going to do this regularly,then email waste.engage@newport.gov.uk.they will give you some clear recycling bags and give you a pick up slot to collect them from you.In the meantime,If you have any of those clear bags left over from before we had an orange bag,then you can leave one of them by a public litter bin and it will be collected and recycled but make sure it is all recycling and no general rubbish.

Percy plunkett wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Nice one!
If you are going to do this regularly,then email waste.engage@newport.gov.uk.they will give you some clear recycling bags and give you a pick up slot to collect them from you.In the meantime,If you have any of those clear bags left over from before we had an orange bag,then you can leave one of them by a public litter bin and it will be collected and recycled but make sure it is all recycling and no general rubbish.
Cheers mate all done